Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet Rankings Faulty
01-31-2010, 01:03 PM
I currently have a problem with the fleet ranking window. Whenever i atempt to change rank permissions it changes the permissions for all of the fleet's ranks. This means that there is effectivly only one rank for the whole of the fleet.

Anybody else get this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Same here... PLEASE FIX Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Yes, I am having the same issue that you are having. Unfortunatly, I think it was designed that way and everyone has the same problem (a poorly designed Fleet rank system). Its really Fleet "allowances" and not what I beleive you and I thought it was supposed to do. Each rank should have its own list of allowances that the fleet leader sets initially. It shouldnt be that hard to impliment.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 01:46 PM
What sucks is either the WHOLE fleet has withdrawl powers or NONE....

I have key officers I trust with everything, and new recruits that will have to earn that trust. The current interface for fleets is half baked at best.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 02:55 PM
Well the way they have designed it makes me think that it is meant to be per rank rather than a whole fleet permission system. system.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 04:52 PM
Agree with the Fleet Rank/Permissions issue. I would also like to see 10 Ranks instead of 7. Also agree with the Fleet Bank withdrawal. Each rank should be customizable enough to set the number of items that can be withdrawn daily.

--Cap
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSFC View Post
Agree with the Fleet Rank/Permissions issue. I would also like to see 10 Ranks instead of 7.
--Cap

Agree strongly!
Lt. Commander
# 8 Work around.
01-31-2010, 05:06 PM
If you select a fleet rank, click another tab in the fleet control panel, then go back to permissions, the proper permissions will be displayed.

As to the bank permissions, I'm wondering if perhaps it counts the value of an item towards your removal limit?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Ace View Post
If you select a fleet rank, click another tab in the fleet control panel, then go back to permissions, the proper permissions will be displayed.

As to the bank permissions, I'm wondering if perhaps it counts the value of an item towards your removal limit?
Thats what I thought as well... but click on all your ranks after you make a change to one rank...you will see the check boxes apply to ALL ranks (tried it).
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWinkie View Post
Thats what I thought as well... but click on all your ranks after you make a change to one rank...you will see the check boxes apply to ALL ranks (tried it).
This is actually a display bug, not a functional bug. You will find that there are indeed individual permissions for each rank, and you can set them differently.

The workaround is:
-set the permissions for a rank, then switch tabs (e.g., click on Fleet Uniforms, then click back again to Fleet Settings) to see the changes to the rank you just changed
-click on another rank, switch tabs and switch back to see this rank's permissions
-repeat for all

This is an annoying display issue. Bug report it!