Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Ok i gave Cryptic and Atari the benefit of the doubt, and even after looking at the crap they are doing with CO, and the backlash from it's community, i thought maybe they would smarten up, but i guess not. I just opened the c-store, and to my dismay saw something pretty dam reprehensible, HERE is the screen.

They had two races ready and playable for launch, but they withheld them from us and now we must pay even more money on top of the $50-$80 (and possible $250 if you bought the life time) to get all the playable races? No thanks Cryptic, if you are already starting to do **** like this with the game before it has officially even launched, you lost one customer here. I thought the C-store was supposed to only contain items that lazy people could buy instead of earning in game?

I know I'm going to get flamed and i honestly don't care. If your fine with them doing stuff like this by all means keep paying them to treat you this way. Myself i would rather save my money for companies that don't think it's ok to keep a part of the game locked away and charge extra for it to be unlocked once it is released. Now if only i could find one of those in this day and age.

EDIT: Quick question. Does any one else see the irony of the Ferengi being one of the races to get nickle and dimmed back to us?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-02-2010, 01:13 AM
WOW!

That is low...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-02-2010, 01:13 AM
ROFL
ahh good one

just so you know

when you redeem you Retail code, you get 400 C-Points free (i did from my CO and I am assuming the same from STO)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badem View Post
ROFL
ahh good one

just so you know

when you redeem you Retail code, you get 400 C-Points free (i did from my CO and I am assuming the same from STO)
Only if you have a pre-order that includes Cryptic points.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-02-2010, 01:16 AM
A modern MMO has micro transactions? What a surprise. Fortunatly I'm already sitting down.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Many, if not all, the preorder packages comes with free points. You're not screwed, you've been given even more stuff to play with.

How is this an issue?

Furthermore, wasn't it common knowledge that the C-Store would have stuff like this among other things?

Sorry to say, but it sounds like you're complaining just for the sake of having something to complain about....

This is a good thing, really...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-02-2010, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoDelerium
Many, if not all, the preorder packages comes with free points. You're not screwed, you've been given even more stuff to play with.

How is this an issue?

Furthermore, wasn't it common knowledge that the C-Store would have stuff like this among other things?

Sorry to say, but it sounds like you're complaining just for the sake of having something to complain about....

This is a good thing, really...
It's because of people like you, that keep throwing money at companies like these and accept bad shady bussiness practices, that the MMO genre is going to hell.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-02-2010, 01:18 AM
*Breaks out the cheeseboard*

tastes great with Whine
*Munch*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronas
It's because of people like you, that keep throwing money at companies like these and accept bad shady bussiness practices, that the MMO genre is going to hell.
For a lot of people, these options will be free. Once again.. how is this an issue?

I suppose, yes, you have to pay for them if you buy the game down the road. But considering that those races in the C-store are rare in the federation anyways, I welcome the limitations and the shrewd business practice.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Honestly, this is the best way to go about it. The Ferengi and the Klingon race are the worst fits for the Federation by far. This gives those who want to play one the ability to do so, but without making them common races.

Besides, Ferengi would want it this way.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:33 AM.