Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
01-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfl View Post
After 3+ years of your Crusade on behalf of the KDF, I never, ever thought I would "hear" you say that. Somewhere, I think there is a pig flying through an ice-storm in hell.

I'm not poking fun, I have a lot of respect for the stand you took on this matter. I just never thought Cryptic would do anything for the KDF, so I thought the day would never come that you would say that.
It would have been ungrateful of me to not say it. Though it has been a very long time we KDF have seen some love recently and I had to acknowledge that.
Low level.content that fun, starting at Level.one, a new ship and a upcomming buff plus flankng for BoPs. Its a great bit a growth and I would be lying if I did not say I am happier than I have been in a long time.
I hope it has set a positive pathway for the future in that the KDF will continue to be grown alng with the other factions.

Of course it could all be the setup before the kick in the teeth but Im staying positive for the time being.
Captain
# 12
01-05-2014, 05:49 PM
You make a good point, I sorta feel bad for what I said...well except the costumes but they do seem like they are trying.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Captain
# 13
01-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
As an old KDF player I really don't feel that way anymore. It may change in the future but recently I've been happy.
The light at the end of the tunnel is just the oncoming train.
Empire Veteran
# 14
01-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
The light at the end of the tunnel is just the oncoming train.
It may well be, I just refuse to fear it before it arrives.
Empire Veteran
# 15
01-06-2014, 01:41 AM
A lot of it is perspective.

Sure, the best KDF ships are lockbox - no different from the Feds. Costumes are a matter of taste; all of the Fed uniforms look very showy and flimsy to me, with the honourable exception of the 22nd century one which looks practical for shipboard use. By contrast KDF uniforms look like they're reasonably martial, in a 19th century kind of way. KDF also gets distinct costumes for its member species.

There are also some good native ships - the Mogh is arguably better than the Avenger (equal stats and a cloak for alphas), the Pegh'qu is still formidable, and the BoPs can still be deadly thanks to their supremely flexible BOff layouts.

Really both the older factions need a bit of a balance pass to come up to speed with the Romulans, especially in the BOff department.
Captain
# 16
01-06-2014, 04:28 AM
Ya know, when you think about it, the Pegh'qu was kinda like the first warbird - warbird referring to largely standard ship with battlecloak. It was only because it was restricted to lifers and the lack of a fleet version that no one really cried OP.
A Gensokyoan Mech-piloting Starship Admiral Rodent.

Take it easy!
Rihannsu
# 17
01-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Ya know, when you think about it, the Pegh'qu was kinda like the first warbird - warbird referring to largely standard ship with battlecloak. It was only because it was restricted to lifers and the lack of a fleet version that no one really cried OP.
and Cryptic fixed one of those problems!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 18
01-06-2014, 09:07 AM
moved to Klingon Gameplay

thread title taken seriously or mod has sense of humor
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 19
01-06-2014, 09:42 AM
From 2 KDF + 2 Fed to 4 KDF + 4 Fed to 4 KDF + 1 KDF-aligned Rom + 4 Fed to 6 KDF + 1 KDF-aligned Rom + 2 Fed to 7 KDF + 1 KDF-aligned Rom...

...perhaps I'm just a masochist.

Though it was slow, imho, they did make the move with the tutorial/starting @ level 1...have dropped out the Mogh (copypasta that favored the KDF instead of the Feds) - are working on Flanking for the Raiders (as well as some other improvements) - and well...yeah...

...as for the video, I'd say for a long period of time - Worf got treated better.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Empire Veteran
# 20
01-06-2014, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
It also had pretty balanced stats though as well, like a .83 shield mod I believe, like a raptor. So it took a legitimate hit for it's BC. Heh, I remember when the Romulan vet ship came out, and people griped at how 'underpowered' it was because the devs actually DID balance it out in regards to the other two ships.