Lt. Commander
seriously, gtfo with all the whining about gimmicks available through C-Store and micro transactions...

nobody is forcing you to buy those and the only advantage you gain is that your char will look different, thats about it. theres nothing gamebreaking or upsetting the game balance there ... you dont gain any advantage over somebody who doesnt buy a klingon or ferengi ...

hell, if i buy a new car and i dont want plain color but metallic i also have to pay extra and that also doesnt cost the car company an extra dime ...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 01:45 AM
The C Store is fine with me as long as what they sell is cosmetic / fun only.

I think people are worried about selling top gear from the C store, which won't happen unless the game utterly fails and goes free to play.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashnaheen View Post
The C Store is fine with me as long as what they sell is cosmetic / fun only.

I think people are worried about selling top gear from the C store, which won't happen unless the game utterly fails and goes free to play.
I used to think that but really, the cosmetic parts of this game are my favorite.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 02:06 AM
problem is, people aren't worried about top gear being on sale... they are annoyed because they don't get everything just from buying the game...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 02:09 AM
It's fine people will just go back to LOTR, WOW etc where they get all this for free, it's no big deal. I for one won't be giving Cryptic another penny of my money. They have proved one thing and it's that they do not have the intrest of the gamers at heart, they are not motivated by excellence, they are motivated by greed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Vision
It's fine people will just go back to LOTR, WOW etc where they get all this for free, it's no big deal. I for one won't be giving Cryptic another penny of my money. They have proved one thing and it's that they do not have the intrest of the gamers at heart, they are not motivated by excellence, they are motivated by greed.
World of ******** has micro transactions... I can't comment on LotRO.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 02:12 AM
We pay a subscrption so I would not call it "for free". Providing the servers alone does not cost 13 a month. With an mmo fee you also pay for development, patches upgrades and so on. Every two month you pay the equivalent of what an avarage expansion pack for a game costs. But in most MMOs you don't get updates equivalent to an expansion pack in this short time. So if they charge for a lot of extras people get angry.

Microtransactions are not the problem but in combination with the fee it is. I think the game should be free to play with MT or the subscription should be lowered to 4-5 or something.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 02:18 AM
or... give people with subscription 10-15 CP a month that they're subscribed to and only given out each month not at time of subscription (instead of bulk cp at one go).

reasons for it is in my post about creating brand loyalty with customers.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 02:23 AM
$50 for the plus $15 a month means yes i should get what i want.

i dont care what you mmo people have become used to, but $15 a month for 1 game, any game is ridiculous.
the only people that dont understand that, must only have mmos in their life, its the only thing they love, and the only thing they think loves em back

so yea you should expect to get everything and more when paying that kind of money. end of story. gtfo.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 02:24 AM
How about "Enough with the I'm gonna let them milk me and everyone else dry and I'll defend them to my last breath" attitude?