Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-02-2010, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgrim View Post
Thought that was pretty obvious from your first post.
qed

10 chars
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-02-2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke628 View Post
$50 for the plus $15 a month means yes i should get what i want.
Can't... breathe... Laughter... ovewhelming...

Quote:
I dont care what you mmo people have become used to, but $15 a month for 1 game, any game is ridiculous.
Were you unclear on that part and just prone to throwing money at whatever catches your fancy? I mean, really, how did you come to a crossroads in your life where you object after having bought in?

Quote:
the only people that dont understand that, must only have mmos in their life, its the only thing they love, and the only thing they think loves em back
Yeah. You know me, bud. You know me and all the other millions of "you MMO people" out there, and as such get to make truely absurd genralizations about us all.

Quote:
so yea you should expect to get everything and more when paying that kind of money. end of story. gtfo.
And this "expectation", it's based on any sort of comparison or knowledge of other similar situations, or it just comes from your gut, which clearly knows all about MMOs and the psychology of subscribers?

I get it many gamers have a truely evolved sense of entitlement, but I'd honestly like to know what your basis for these observations is, other that the level of "shiney! Wants it!" that a 3-year-old can articulate as well as you have.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-02-2010, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocharni View Post
seriously, gtfo with all the whining about gimmicks available through C-Store and micro transactions...

nobody is forcing you to buy those and the only advantage you gain is that your char will look different, thats about it. theres nothing gamebreaking or upsetting the game balance there ... you dont gain any advantage over somebody who doesnt buy a klingon or ferengi ...

hell, if i buy a new car and i dont want plain color but metallic i also have to pay extra and that also doesnt cost the car company an extra dime ...
Completely agree - whiny people need to stfu.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-02-2010, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLocke628 View Post
i dont care what you mmo people have become used to, but $15 a month for 1 game, any game is ridiculous.
Let's say you play for ONE hour every night for a month. That's 30 hours of entertainment for 15 bucks. Now double it to two hours, still fairly casual and you've now got 60 hours of entertainment for 15 bucks. I don't see what's so ridiculous about that when you can spend 40 or 50 dollars on a game and get way less playtime out of it.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-02-2010, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRAVE View Post
Completely agree - whiny people need to stfu.
Seriously. It's annoying as hell to come here looking for actual info only to have to wade thru dozens of threads posted by self-important petulant children.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-02-2010, 05:01 AM
LOL, i do find people moaning about having to pay for a special nose quite funny. If you want the nose pay for it if you dont then dont.

Lol we dont live in the federation people, you do have to pay for things. did you know you have to pay for the game as well.... and the people who make it need to be given wages so they can live, or am i now explaining basic economics.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-02-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalacia View Post
LOL, i do find people moaning about having to pay for a special nose quite funny. If you want the nose pay for it if you dont then dont.

Lol we dont live in the federation people, you do have to pay for things. did you know you have to pay for the game as well.... and the people who make it need to be given wages so they can live, or am i now explaining basic economics.
EVE / CCP studios?
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Deleted - 10 chars
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-02-2010, 05:31 AM
Two of the most recognized species in Star Trek is hardly a 'cosmetic gimmick'.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-02-2010, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocharni View Post
seriously, gtfo with all the whining about gimmicks available through C-Store and micro transactions...

nobody is forcing you to buy those and the only advantage you gain is that your char will look different, thats about it. theres nothing gamebreaking or upsetting the game balance there ... you dont gain any advantage over somebody who doesnt buy a klingon or ferengi ...

hell, if i buy a new car and i dont want plain color but metallic i also have to pay extra and that also doesnt cost the car company an extra dime ...

im glad your satisfied with your inferior product, but don't bash people who are not satisfied.