Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Fleet System and Holdings
Login

Captain
Hello this is a desperation thread regarding a bug that has come up in my fleets roster.
I sent a ticket to GM who in turn told me to send bug report ingame. I have since sent two seperate reports pertaining to the issue with no response or resolution. So im taking to the forums with a description of the problem in the vain hope someone will see it and be able to do something about it.
About 6 weeks ago I decided to take action to demote one of my inactive FA's, (I like to have a team in case something happens to my machine or something). He then subsequently decided to delete his character and start a new one, (nothing special there you might think).
The problem is that when he deleted his toon it left a message in the fleet overview saying "Fleet Admiral will be demoted in 0:00".
Again not a massive issue it itself but this has now left me in a position where I now cannot promote or indeed demote any current or future Fleet Admirals. I imagine this is as a result of him deleting his toon whilst the demotion process was ongoing.
So my worry is (being a large fleet of well in excess of 400 members, and having almost finished our mine and working on tier 4 starbase soon) that in the event of any mishaps with my machine or internet connection that there will be no leader to set projects, events, do promotions, recruitment etc etc as I am unable to replace pople who have gone afg.
We have tried several little things in the hope it will reset itself with no success thus far.
Please help if possible, if not for the 463 players that currently call our fleet home but also so you may be aware of the problem in the hopes this can be preventd from affecting any other fleets.
If anything can be done (or indeed if it cant), my fleets name is "Strikeforce Delta 1" and my in game handle is "@groomofweird".
Many thanks.
Rihannsu
# 2
01-05-2014, 12:21 PM
while i dont know much about this issue, unless the timer has blocked this too, remember you can change the permissions for lower ranks in the mean time to give them more power. if you want to allow a lower rank to set projects, or recruit people, it might be worth giving them the power to do so in the event something happens to you, so at least others can take the slack, at least until someone fixes it properly.

One point though, bug reports are not answered, ever. they will be read, but a dev has to fix it but they can takes ages to track and fix and thats even assuming its at the top of the list, which it probably wont be. its not very helpful not having an answer but someone there probably does know about it. its always worth writing a bug report on the forums too. i suspect this will be moved to that forum too and the devs do read the forums.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Commander
# 3
01-05-2014, 12:31 PM
A work around would be to condense your membership into 5 ranks, give the 6th rank permissions to do whatever it is that you need them to do and yourself being the 7th rank.

Without actually filing an ingame ticket, I wouldn't expect a reply. Btw when you file an ingame ticket iirc any responses will be via email.

Hope this helps.
Captain
# 4
01-05-2014, 12:46 PM
This is not the first time I've heard of this happening, though I have no idea if the last time it came up if any resolution was achieved.

As a fleet leader myself, I hope this gets sorted quickly.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Captain
# 5
01-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Thanks guys, i have mused over a reshuffle of the roster if need be to make sure things are covered. But I think that may result in some people being offended at being demoted etc so Ive been saving that as the "hail mary" protocol if its absolutely needed for the survival of the fleet.
There is one other active FA who I will be briefing on this just incase. But a reshuffle of that many people would be painful, though I would do it if I had to.
In a way im also glad this has affected other fleets (not because im happy at other people misfortune) but because i know someone somewhere would have hopefully posted something to the team about it.
I just really dont want this community to break down or dissolve because of what can only be described as a silly glitch. I like the new "safety" promotion/demotion system theyve put in place but in this instance it caused a major pain in the ass. And what irks me further is im sure this is an easy bug to fix, i mean if people leave the fleet the timer is reset so why not code that in for if the toon ceases to be.
I love this game and i love my fleet, to the point where i have had to make time just to post here lol! I just hope its fixed soon.
Edit: The timer has blocked me from rearranging fleet permissions, the "hail mary" protocol is now rendered moot ((

Last edited by groomofweird; 01-05-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Career Officer
# 6
02-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Also having the smae issue and cant seem to find a solution yet.

Ihope the devs are investigating but no indication of that in release notes (Known Issues section) or in the Tribble server yet.

If anyone from Cryptic sees this please let us know you are aware of the issue.

Thank you,

Zeus
Golly look what I got! Now I can collect game metrics properly and adjust the content correctly!

Delta Rising, The Best Expansion Ever and the Players Love it!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 7
02-10-2014, 05:28 PM
This is under investigation. Thank you for your reports.

Just to make sure I'm clear on the issue, you demoted a Rank 7 character, but before the timer had completed the character was deleted and now you are unable to promote or demote anyone or to change Permissions. Correct?

If so, to what rank was the character demoted?

How long after being demoted was the character deleted?

Last edited by crypticfrost; 02-10-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
02-10-2014, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
This is under investigation. Thank you for your reports.

Just to make sure I'm clear on the issue, you demoted a Rank 7 character, but before the timer had completed the character was deleted and now you are unable to promote or demote anyone or to change Permissions. Correct?

If so, to what rank was the character demoted?

How long after being demoted was the character deleted?
When demoting from rank 7, you can only demote to rank 6 and this takes 2 weeks to complete.

The character was deleted during this 2 week demotion process.
Commander
# 9
02-10-2014, 06:20 PM
As a fellow Fleet Leader I understand the importance of this but I also see the implications of publicly addressing this issue. Many people who are demoted from a fleet leadership positions wont be happy about that and if they can get back at the fleet that demoted them some likely will. With the knowledge of this bug they would be perfectly capable of doing so. That said in my opinion this issue needs to be handled in the same manner as any other exploit where player knowledge absolutely must be kept at a minimum. This still needs to be addressed and in a timely manner but communication of vital info needs to be done in private.
Career Officer
# 10
02-10-2014, 09:09 PM
As an officer in a Very Large Fleet which now can't remove a useless rank 7 member, just because he has two toons and can thus rescue himself in perpetuity, I feel your pain in dealing with this awful mess of a system. I'm sorry you've found a glaring bug that a little testing probably should have discovered before it went live, and I certainly hope no more showstoppers lie buried here.