# 11
02-11-2014, 09:15 AM
If you're desperate, try a dating site...oh, wait, different subject! lol jk
Great News!

It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
Cryptic Studios Team
# 12
02-11-2014, 12:40 PM
I can say that this is NOT something as simple as deleting the demoted character during the two week demotion timer. I'll keep investigating.
Ensign
I created a thread on this a week or two ago

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=991381

I'm glad this is getting attention. I'll repost here what troubleshooting I put there since PWE staff is investigating this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hootenite View Post
One of our fleet leaders wanted to demote one of their alts and as of the implementation of the new system they had to wait the 2 weeks for the demotion to process. Unfortunately, they grew impatient and decided to delete the alternate character instead of waiting.

At this time, this action has bugged the countdown timer which continued to countdown with an empty space where the character's name used to be. We watched the counter reach 00:00 and the notice remains there to this day. As a result, we are unable to promote any new leaders or demote current ones which puts our fleet in a dangerous position at being unable to direct its own continuity of leadership.

It is my guess that what happened is that since the character was deleted, the demotion cannot complete for the new "null value" that has taken it's place. Since the previous action is unable to "resolve" a new action can not be initiated.

This is VERY frustrating and I have submitted bug reports and requests for GM assistance and received no response to date. I am not sure what else to try except maybe to have that person possibly "re-make" the character, name needing to be filled "value-for-value" in their name@handle and seeing if that will allow the action to complete... but I'm not confident in that because the new re-made character would have to be re-invited to the fleet and subsequently be unable to get promoted to the highest rank.

Any help, insghts, tips, thoughts, etc would be appreciated.
Ensign
# 14 Any update for this?
04-03-2014, 11:12 AM
As a fleet leader that's getting long in the tooth, I'd kinda like to retire my position someday and can't conceivably do this until this bug is addressed.

I'm not sure if the only solution is to have our leaders stay offline for 30 days to see if that forces the "Claim Leadership" button to appear, but even if this is done and is clicked would that even work or would that just create more problems? I'm not sure if our members are willing to experiment with that.
Ensign
# 15
04-06-2014, 08:20 PM
If the timer is unable to complete, a possible solution might be to have the owner of the deleted character temporarily re-create the same named character and re-join the fleet. If the timer is linked to a particular handle, this might allow the timer to complete. However, if the handle associated with the timer has been reset to a null string, this is unlikely to work.

Good luck on finding a solution