Lt. Commander
# 1 Del Taco
02-02-2010, 05:17 AM
I got a shuttle from the DT cup, the funny thing is, I value that stupid shuttle more than the beverage that came with it or the cup. FYI Cryptic/DT the collector's cup scam is a little played out. You could have just sold me the code and kept the soda. I think DT was a terrible partner to pick, as corporate mexican food places go they're the worst. You could have sold me quite a bit more stuff partnering with a better company. I was prepared to buy several codes for friends but I don't want to go back there. The place was gross, and so was the food.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 05:20 AM
Odds are DT was the only company they could get to partner with them :p

No respectable multi-national company (i.e. so those in other countries could participate, which I do think is a bit unfair...) would want to do their silly little promotion.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post

No respectable multi-national company (i.e. so those in other countries could participate, which I do think is a bit unfair...) would want to do their silly little promotion.
Here here, why would you do this for a game with an international subscriber list and then partner with a company that doesn't exist in most countries?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 05:24 AM
Their drinks are huge. They are so tall they wont even fit in my cuppord. Their food is meh. Its small portions. I just tank up on some beverage or bring a friend along and buy him a drink so I can get the code. Cryptic likely got Del Taco because they were the lowest bidder.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post

Also, picture how full and stressed the servers have been in the past few days. Now imagine how much worse it would have been if there had been an influx of people from as large a retailer as MacDonalds, etc. It would have totally killed the poor hamster running on his wheel in the servers.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keo
Also, picture how full and stressed the servers have been in the past few days. Now imagine how much worse it would have been if there had been an influx of people from as large a retailer as MacDonalds, etc. It would have totally killed the poor hamster running on his wheel in the servers.
I have limited sympathy for cryptic over the server choking. If they hadn't denied most of the users that requested CB and OB keys they'd have had an idea long ago of how many users they needed to support.