Lt. Commander
Hi all, I've seen STO around and been looking forward to playing it (Despite the fact the only entry to the beta was US only... wtf is that in this day and age). Unfortunately I'm paying annual subscription to an older space based MMO that I'm sure everyone is aware of.

Now, I'd have like to play STO but currently I'm away from my computer and a reliable internet connection for the next four months, and because of that I've just opened an email talking about a lifetime membership offer... that expired yesterday... not funny. I would have freaking loved to pay once for this MMO and never have to worry again about paying for it, thats why I pay annualy for... that other space mmo.

My question is; Will Cryptic ever open their doors on the lifetime membership option ever again or will I just sack this game off and carry on with EnjoyablyVersatileEntertainment Online, which will make me cry just a little bit that I missed this chance

I'm genuinely interested in this so I have notifications turned on btw

My best wishes to you all

Alexis
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 02:48 AM
i belive today, the offer is gone at the lower price with the added borg race.

but its goingto be $299 starting from today, so u still have the chance
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 02:52 AM
ORLY!?

Where do I buy it, for those that recieved the old email

And while we're at it, wheres the search function for the forums
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis_1987
ORLY!?

Where do I buy it, for those that recieved the old email

And while we're at it, wheres the search function for the forums
im not sure if you can buy it at the moment, since the game dosnt go live for a few more hours. but there should be a link on the homepage once its ready again.

the search function is at the top of the forum page, click that and it gives you some options. TBH its pretty useless now with so many threads out there, hard to find specific info
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 03:05 AM
Ah-ha, well if you could provide a link for where you got that news from that would be great, in the mean time http://www.startrekonline.com/exclusive_specials still shows 1stFeb unfortunately .

I'll be checking back as often as my internet connection allows me
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 03:09 AM
the info was on that page, but its not there anymore since the offer is over now. trust me.

they said after the limited time offer. life-time would be for $299, just you dont get the borg bonus. not sure about the 2 extra toon slots.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 03:15 AM
Regardless of what people are saying this was a once in a lifetime offer. ALL MMOs that offer a lifetime subscription close them before release. Its just how it goes.

Also it stated on the very page that the offer ended on the 1st. It didn't say anything about a more expensive version coming out or anything. And if so it would be up there already because yes it has already launched.

Sorry dude but no more lifetime offers available.

Until an official states otherwise don't believe anyone when they tell you its coming back. Just like the rumour with the Joined Trill having 5 traits its a load of rubbish and based on random guesswork.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post
Regardless of what people are saying this was a once in a lifetime offer. ALL MMOs that offer a lifetime subscription close them before release. Its just how it goes.

Also it stated on the very page that the offer ended on the 1st. It didn't say anything about a more expensive version coming out or anything. And if so it would be up there already because yes it has already launched.

Until an official states otherwise don't believe anyone when they tell you its coming back. Just like the rumour with the Joined Trill having 5 traits its a load of rubbish and based on random guesswork.
You are wrong the lifetime membership is available just you do not get Borg playable race with it. Also it is $299 not $249.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis_1987
I would have freaking loved to pay once for this MMO and never have to worry again about paying for it
Be aware that, even if you have a Lifetime Subscription, when they release an expasion to the game, they can charge you to get access to the new content. Publishers usually don't charge lifetimers for mini-expansions, but the large ones, yes. No such thing as "never have to worry again about paying" in life, you know :-P
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post

you my friend, are wrong. please dont try and dishearten this guy who actually wants to play. all the info was freely expressed in the original lifetime offer page. just it was a bit of a read so alot of people didnt bother doing just that, reading....