Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swag-nyc View Post
sorry man
I found out that STO was launching 2 days before headstart.
I paid 5 bucks and got my HS key from atari

sorry to say, you simply didnt put the effort into it, it wasnt hard to do.
assuming of course you could afford 5 dollars, but if not, I can't really recomend a brand new subscription based mmo as a viable option for you

but as stated, the free pass will get you in for 10 days if you can get someone to give you one

"Didn't put the effort into it"? Seriously, you don't know what I did, so don't tell me I didn't make the effort. As I say, I've been here since day one. I tried getting into closed beta, and I've monitored the forums since then. I tried getting a beta key for open beta by checking NUMEROUS sites, suggested to me by people here, by people in other games and by certain magazines. EVERY site I visited had none available.

As for getting your headstart, congratulations. I'm not sure if that's exactly what I was after. As I say, I was hoping to get a chance to try the game before I bought it. A Test Drive, if you will. If I understand the Headstart thing, that's for subscribers.

Anyhow, hopefully I'll get a chance to play the game and see if it meets my expectations.