Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganUK View Post
Its a cosmetic thing, really, calm down a little.

WoW promised dancing, politicians lie on a daily basis, my colleagues at work have been promised the same employments rights as the rest of the company for the last 3 years and still no joy.. and guess what, life still goes on.

Having a go a cryptic as they are working their arses off to get the game stable as opposed to allocating resources to make a flipping skirt shows a very shallow person.
Everything he just said
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 04:05 AM
the matter is not actually about the skirt, its the matter of getting what you pay for.

if you brought a house and it didnt come with doors or windows, you would complain.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevekind View Post
Skirts are in CO.
STO uses the CO engine.
I can't take more than 5 minutes to copy the texture into STO, really.

Also, check my sig. If they can allocate resources to 'fixing' that, they can allocate resources to give us a skirt, as promised.
Simple, its is completely, utterly, the most unimportant thing on the list compared to the bugs. Yeah, they should have worked on it. However.. and this is a big however. Retail versions do not kick off till 10am PST, therefore mini-skirts wont be avaialable till that time.

Can someone link me a post from cryptic that says the skirt will not be there. ANy complaints that there are at the moment are pointless when those exclusvies have not been delivered yet.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
the matter is not actually about the skirt, its the matter of getting what you pay for.

if you brought a house and it didnt come with doors or windows, you would complain.
Ironically if the contract didnt say that it came with doors and windows, you actually wouldnt have a leg to stand on.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tevekind View Post
Skirts are in CO.
STO uses the CO engine.
I can't take more than 5 minutes to copy the texture into STO, really.

Also, check my sig. If they can allocate resources to 'fixing' that, they can allocate resources to give us a skirt, as promised.
theres several npcs wearing somthing that resemble the mini skirt too on ds9/risa etc.. on treasure station their was a random green woman wearing a white version of what i thought was the mirror universe tos uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Ironically if the contract didnt say that it came with doors and windows, you actually wouldnt have a leg to stand on.
there was alot of threads asking about mini-skirts, and a DEV said they WOULD be in the game if you had the TOS uniform from a pre-order.

if we cant trust what they say, then what are we doing handing over our credit details?

seriously i know what you mean. just the point of the matter is that they said it WOULD (i.e fact) be there.

since the game isnt live yet, i cant complain. im just in hope that they fix what ever problems they have.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 04:15 AM
[quote=MorganUK;1865876]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Starblazer View Post
Says 2/2/2010 on my order, and its 2nd of Feb there...
QUOTE]

Please re-read the information about the game on D2D carefully, here is a direct quote from Direct 2 Drive

Star Trek Online will be released on February 2, 2010 at 10AM PST. Release dates are subject to change without notice.
Only in digital deluxe version. Normal version only says February 2, 2010.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 04:16 AM
Actually this has nothing to do with Cryptic in this case, some pedantic jobs worth with a stick up his ass at D2D saw the original US release date and time and refuses to budge, despite the fact that the game has officially launched and did so at 12am PST, when GameStop stores started selling boxed copies. Other vendors selling digital copies have also started releasing keys (with the exception of steam), and gamers already have access to their items as the system for registering retail keys is also enabled. Therefore, no point shouting about cryptic, nothing they can do about it; all we can do is wait until 6pm and then cry blue murder at D2D when the keys are not delivered on the dot.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleys
there was alot of threads asking about mini-skirts, and a DEV said they WOULD be in the game if you had the TOS uniform from a pre-order.

if we cant trust what they say, then what are we doing handing over our credit details?

seriously i know what you mean. just the point of the matter is that they said it WOULD (i.e fact) be there.

since the game isnt live yet, i cant complain. im just in hope that they fix what ever problems they have.
After 10am PST when the game goes 'officially' live, everyone who has not received a promised item will have a full right to complain. Cryptic have said they will be in the game, but the pre-order item FAQ clearly states that only when the retail version is release... 10am PST today.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Wrong, under the sale of goods act any item has to be fit for purpose, regardless if itís a house or a packet of donuts, but now I am just being pedantic like you.