Lt. Commander
# 31
02-02-2010, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganUK View Post
psssssssssst 6pm in the UK, not 8pm
Pssssssssssssssst again, though I think we can 100% accept that the chances of getting into the game are approximatly nil. I will be using my few days grace to check out the situation before entering my retail key and wasting days of my 30 day allowance
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-02-2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinmeister View Post
It's not released until Friday in the UK, that's why.
Wrong - D2D prorders start 2nd.

I too find myself waiting till 10 (pst). Thing is, judging by other threads and posts on here, it may be a waste of time trying to claim n game stuff just now. Seems Cryptic have sorted stuff to sell in CSTORE but not the freebies - shame.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-02-2010, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganUK View Post
After 10am PST when the game goes 'officially' live, everyone who has not received a promised item will have a full right to complain. Cryptic have said they will be in the game, but the pre-order item FAQ clearly states that only when the retail version is release... 10am PST today.
How can you hold Cryptic responsible for something that you have not bought from them?

If you buy a shirt from a store and something was wrong, do you call the factory in china that made the shirt to complain about it, or do you take it up with the store that sold it to you?
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-02-2010, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandajuice View Post
Again, where are you reading that the pre-order bonuses have been changed? Everything I see still says what it is supposed to say.
When I bought the Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Edition from D2D, the said bonus equipment description looked like this on their homepage:

"TOS Costumes: Players can clothe their Federation characters in the uniforms made famous by William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy in the classic Star Trek: The Original Series. Players can freely change the colors of the uniform. Also note: The TOS costumes DO include mini-skirts!"

And for now...check it yourself! It deserves an explanation I think, so my ticket for the D2D support is still pending.

However, the item description is unchanged on Cryptic's pre-order FAQ page, so this gives me some relief.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-02-2010, 06:19 AM
Aint there a grace period so we can play until we get the retail codes on the pre-order codes?
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-02-2010, 02:15 PM
I got my Reg Key this morning from Direct2Drive UK...

And SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!

Can't enter it because the Cryptic Subscription Service is down

Also seems to have
* NO Multi-Spectral Shield as Advertised...
AND
* Incomplete TOS Uniform...

I SO GLAD I spent an extra 10 Pounds for nothing...
Best Items removed but what do you expect from a company with an F from the USA Better Business Bureau
http://sanjose.bbb.org/Business-Repo...Studios-221613

Quote from BBB

Quote:
Company Rating F
Our opinion of what this rating means:
We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-02-2010, 02:18 PM
How do you know what it doesn't have if you can't even enter it yet? Also, the items aren't removed. If you spent some time reading other threads, the mini skirts not appearing in the game is a known issue that they are currently trying to fix.

And don't like that BBB thing as it's already been established that that is only based on a few angry trolls' opinions, not any kind of government agency. Bioware has an F as well, so the rating is meaningless.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-02-2010, 02:33 PM
I got my key at 10am as advertised from D2D UK, no waiting till Friday, download button on D2D account sends the code
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryostorm View Post
I got my key at 10am as advertised from D2D UK, no waiting till Friday, download button on D2D account sends the code
Same way in the US. They failed to e-mail me the Retail Product Code - so I clicked on the download button and it showed it on the page that came up!

oh and edit* Captain Starblazer needs to get a grip... Good luck to ya.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-02-2010, 02:48 PM
I couldn't agree with you more tedgp123 : )