Lt. Commander
I was in the Horomi(spellcheck that) cluster, on a ground mission (already bleh)
of course its your run of the mill mob sweeper. but each group had a elite raider. and at the end was a "Raid Leader" captain. (thats 4 bars son)

and wouldn't you know it, after clearing 6 total groups I got 2 small hypos, and 1 small shield recharge. wtf
really. I mean wtf is that all about. I would say theyre a waste of bag space, but also taking into count I got only 3 drops for all that, my bag was fairly light. each elite shoulda dropped something in relation to my lvl, let alone the friggin raid leader.

or am I prone to bad luck...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 03:27 AM
really? nobody? maybe its just me. or maybe nobody bothers with ground combat anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 03:29 AM
I know what you're talking about, but it's not really a loot-centric game.

I agree, though.. most of the items in the game are just a waste of inventory space and seemed to have been added just for the sake of having items.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 03:29 AM
i dont see your problem here ? you want green/blue drops from a group of trashmobs ?

good loot from trashmobs, as with any other MMO, is random ... and its not like those ground missions are very hard if you know what youre doing ...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggitygoo
I was in the Horomi(spellcheck that) cluster, on a ground mission (already bleh)
of course its your run of the mill mob sweeper. but each group had a elite raider. and at the end was a "Raid Leader" captain. (thats 4 bars son)

and wouldn't you know it, after clearing 6 total groups I got 2 small hypos, and 1 small shield recharge. wtf
really. I mean wtf is that all about. I would say theyre a waste of bag space, but also taking into count I got only 3 drops for all that, my bag was fairly light. each elite shoulda dropped something in relation to my lvl, let alone the friggin raid leader.

or am I prone to bad luck...
What level are you?

Get out of Hromi Cluster. Go to Alpha Centauri and head to Khazan Cluster if you're at least Lt Cmdr 4.

When you reach Lt Cmdr 8 head to the nebula in Psi Velorum. Romulan mobs drop good loot, i've got rare MKIV quantum launcher, MKIV plasma launchers, several rare MKIV consoles.. etc.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocharni View Post
i dont see your problem here ? you want green/blue drops from a group of trashmobs ?

good loot from trashmobs, as with any other MMO, is random ... and its not like those ground missions are very hard if you know what youre doing ...
Even if you don't know what you are doing they are quite easy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocharni View Post

well actually they can be, thanks to a broken skill system, my ground abilities suck. I mainly invested in space combat, but from time to time we have questlines that involve ground. soooo...

we need to keep up on the gear at least if not the training. and yes i do know what i'm doing, but at some point, a person is going to hit a wall of not being able to do a mission in a chain, or will have to leave, go waste even more money buying something better at a vendor(assuming there will be any) then come back to start the chain all over.

its just like 60% of the rest of the game. its just thrown together. kinda depressing now.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beersapper View Post
Even if you don't know what you are doing they are quite easy.
nah, the NPCs are kind of dumb ... had it happen more then once that they pulled 4 groups of klingons at once ... it gets messy but its still doable ...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
What level are you?

Get out of Hromi Cluster. Go to Alpha Centauri and head to Khazan Cluster if you're at least Lt Cmdr 4.

When you reach Lt Cmdr 8 head to the nebula in Psi Velorum. Romulan mobs drop good loot, i've got rare MKIV quantum launcher, MKIV plasma launchers, several rare MKIV consoles.. etc.
thanks man will do. I'm Lt C 5
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggitygoo
well actually they can be, thanks to a broken skill system, my ground abilities suck. I mainly invested in space combat, but from time to time we have questlines that involve ground. soooo...

we need to keep up on the gear at least if not the training. and yes i do know what i'm doing, but at some point, a person is going to hit a wall of not being able to do a mission in a chain, or will have to leave, go waste even more money buying something better at a vendor(assuming there will be any) then come back to start the chain all over.

its just like 60% of the rest of the game. its just thrown together. kinda depressing now.
err...i have almost no points spent in ground abilities ... i maxed out all space skills and what remained to lt.cdr. i put into ground ... so im not really skilled for that either ... my away team still uses MKII gear for the most part...

ground combat aint hard ... focus fire the swordmaster/officer/munitions officer first and whack the normal warriors with the rifle butt = win.

as an engineer get the Phaser Turret/healing kit and youll end every fight with 100% health ...