Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpockOn
OP.. go for it .. all the failed MMOs have MT's. Its all the rage..

..and stuff.

lol
Like WoW's pet store? Or LotRO? Or DDO? Or City of Heroes?

No game has ever failed due to having microtransactions and I'm not sure there was honestly EVER a successful MMO that didn't have any when you account for pre-order bonuses and collector's editions, which every MMO I can think of had at least one special cosmetic or functional item you could pay extra to start out with.
Lt. Commander
# 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gul_Exo View Post
they probably added the c-store as a safety net, so when subscriptions drop low enough they can turn this into a f2p game.
If they do that, i want unlimited C-points for my lifetime sub
Lt. Commander
# 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpockOn
OP.. go for it .. all the failed MMOs have MT's. Its all the rage..

..and stuff.

lol
Including beloved ********?
Lt. Commander
# 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasemark View Post
Wheres the Ferengi Ear Buds????????
At the store..... grrr

Someone finally found a way to entice me into buying a MT..
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 03:16 AM
Its lacking for content and other things because they had not enough money to add another year.
I have no problem with Microtransactions, because so they get the money they need do develope more content.

The problem starts when they decrease content for people who dont play, so then you can make a klingon with alien race i see no problem in it, its more like you spent less time for it to design it like a klingon, perhaps wont be as perfect as the version you buy, but this and the 2 traits which arent so important as long as you have others (the efficient trait from borg is as example also usable for non life timers) to choosew from.

Currently i see nothing thats really bad, and i have no problem when they add more, because then they get money and it does not hurt my game they have more options to add content for everyone, dont forget we all pay (expect the lifetimes in 2 years :p ) so we also will get something for it over time, anbd the people how want to pay more can do it through the cryptic store.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
I think it's fitting.

You want ferengi? Donation please!
^^ This ^^
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX View Post
At the store..... grrr

Someone finally found a way to entice me into buying a MT..

oops, sorry 8)
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 03:19 AM
Honestly i think that MTs are the answer to rising costs. Rather than Charge $20-$30 a month, Companies are tying to find a way to keep up with inflation and such through other ways. I think that is the Real reason we are seeing MTs pop up all over the place with today's MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 03:23 AM
Cant say that its my cup of tea, the current items available in the c-store, but when some new ships or weapons or appearance modifiers of interest appear, im more than happy to pay a little extra to make the game more personaly enjoyable and enhance the experience.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I see micro-transactions, even within a monthly fee system, as totally honorable and valid. Some people say, "That's what the monthly fee is supposed to be for." And I think, "No. That's what some developers told you THEIR monthly fee was for. When you're dealing with different server tech, licensing fees, whatever, it can be for anything. There is nothing magic about $15 a month that makes it unfair to sell extras for more as long as the people paying $15 have a core product they enjoy."

But the more people complain about MTs, the more I feel like I need to buy one. But there's nothing for sale on the Cryptic store I couldn't do without.

I mean, Ferengi? Kinda cool. Starfleet Klingons? I already made one in the custom alien option. Aside from a racial ability (that I could get by rolling a Klingon Klingon), there's no advantage to it and it's more expensive than the Klingon Klingon.

But the more people say that MTs are dishonorable, shady or evil, the more I just want to yell back, "No they're not!" And then do a Microtransaction myself just to hammer home that I think they're a perfectly fine and noble business practice. Thing is, there's nothing I WANT yet. So all this anti-MT talk is gonna get me spending money on something I don't want.

Cut it out already. :-P

I can see your point, you politely said 'who the hell are you to tell me what I do with my money" and you're right.

On the other hand, who didn't see a Ferengi SELLING his way into Star Trek?
They're the universe's biggest capital opportunists.