Ensign
# 1 Mission Ideas
01-06-2014, 08:08 AM
I am planning on creating a Foundry mission, however I am not sure what kind of story to give it. I want it to include Data in one way or another. Any help given would be appreciated.
No matter how many times they try, the Borg will NOT assimilate my sandwich
Empire Veteran
# 2
01-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Well if you include Data make sure it doesn't look like the actor himself as they don't allow that in the foundry.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 3
01-14-2014, 01:27 PM
where does STO leave data, isn't he missing along with the Enterprise-E? you could find them in some kind of anomaly maybe?

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Career Officer
# 4
01-14-2014, 01:31 PM
Send us on a mission to find him. Enterprise E was destroyed, him and part of the crew survived, and managed to send a distress signal.

After many years, the signal has reached "a contact", badly degraded, that sends you on a hunt.
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
01-14-2014, 02:49 PM
I think it's better to reference Data vs. actually showing him. Trying to work in canon characters directly is dangerous waters. Cryptic hasn't even been allowed to touch him and the Enterprise-E.

@greendragoon
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
01-14-2014, 03:12 PM
There seems to be some confusion as to what happened to the Enterprise E. I've heard that bit about them being lost in a nebula before, but I can't find any actual source (could it be the loading screens?). The Path to 2409 doesn't list it, and the Memory Beta page for the Enterprise E, which has a STO section to it, just says:

Quote:
"Sometime between 2408 and 2409, the Enterprise (NCC-1701-E) was removed from service, for an unknown reason, and was replaced in service by the new Odyssey-class USS Enterprise-F. (STO video game: Star Trek Online)
They have a page on Data as well, but it is similarly unhelpful.

Dragoon is correct however. The EULA prevents us from using characters IF they look like the actor who portrayed them (it being illegal to use someone's likeness without their express permission). So you could use the character of Data as long as it doesn't look like Brent Spiner.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 7
01-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftershock98 View Post
I am planning on creating a Foundry mission, however I am not sure what kind of story to give it. I want it to include Data in one way or another. Any help given would be appreciated.
How about a prequel kind of thing? Researching Dr Soong's old work you discover something that could ruin his reputation. It would be about Data but without actually having him in the mission.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 8
01-16-2014, 08:41 AM
To get around the image likeness you could have the positronic brain recovered somehow , but no longer in its humanoid body perhaps?

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Captain
# 9
01-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adverbero View Post
To get around the image likeness you could have the positronic brain recovered somehow , but no longer in its humanoid body perhaps?
That would be one way. I thought of doing a story with Lore, but have his memories downloaded into a borg drone. I think Spiner had the most fun job in Star trek..... playing his own arch nemesis etc.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 10
01-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
That would be one way. I thought of doing a story with Lore, but have his memories downloaded into a borg drone. I think Spiner had the most fun job in Star trek..... playing his own arch nemesis etc.
hehe, yeah everytime i saw Lore on screen he looked like he was genuinely having a lot of fun