Lt. Commander
Atari did the same. Sounds like lemmings over there

ok wtf, my reply is on top? /sigh
Lt. Commander
I just got notice from gamestop that they could 'not process my pre-order' i placed a month ago... what's up??? i really, really, really wanted my connie?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Add another to that list. Very frustrating, after playing both OB and the headstart, and already pre-paying for the year. No explanation in the email, either; just "we could not process your order".

So what does this mean? I won't be able to play until I buy the software from someone else?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 12:05 PM
I pre ordered from GS for digital download last week and was concerned about the same thing. I just called customer service today and they said they would e-mail me my connie code today or tomorrow. Hope the same happens with yours!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
I pre ordered in person and am picking up in person.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 12:08 PM
well i called gamestop.. apparently digital downloads are handled by trymedia.. so i had to open an online case w/ them, since they don't have a phone number (ridiculous)...

anyways, my credit card was frauded a few weeks ago, and i was provided a new one by my bank.. i'm hoping that was the reason the order could not complete, and that trymedia can sort that out somehow and take my new CC .. .....

beyond that i'll be left w/ no choice but to buy a 'normal' boxed version from futureshop or something and petition to cyrptic CS to give me the connie?

this is assuming the frauded CC number was to blame.. I'm hoping it's that, and not some oversold pre-orders fiasco like the amazon thing..

anyways opened a case w/ trymedia.. we'll see where that goes..

ohhh i just want my connie!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm a bit old fashioned.

I pre-ordered at a gamestop store, not the online thing though. I'm an IT person.. love my tech.. have about 6 PC's in my house, but as I tell people: "I've used computers long enough to know better than to trust them."

so I went with a good old fashion hard media pre-order. The clerk handed me the headstart code and I just got a txt messsage saying my game would be in the store tomorrow morning. I realize this isn't the option for everyone but, if possible, a store visit is generally better than an online order.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannigan
I'm a bit old fashioned.

I pre-ordered at a gamestop store, not the online thing though. I'm an IT person.. love my tech.. have about 6 PC's in my house, but as I tell people: "I've used computers long enough to know better than to trust them."

so I went with a good old fashion hard media pre-order. The clerk handed me the headstart code and I just got a txt messsage saying my game would be in the store tomorrow morning. I realize this isn't the option for everyone but, if possible, a store visit is generally better than an online order.
Unfortunately I live in Canada, there are no gamestop outlet's up here, so an online order was my only choice unless I felt like driving for 7 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowitup View Post
I pre ordered in person and am picking up in person.
Ditto. Eye contact works wonders.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Who is behind this mass cancellations? I should be picking mine up at GS B&M store tomorrow, but if electronic deliveries are having issues, I image box deliveries are in same issue. From my experience with Atari with other games, it would not surprise me if the did not print enough for demand.

Other issue, is Cryptic may be a little concern that their servers cannot handle the pre-sold volume.

Final option is that retailers under ordered, expecting a larger percentage of cancelations.

If I pre-ordered from Gamestop, I am guessing I MUST get my game from Gamestop to get the Connie. But if worse comes to worse, can I just get the game at Best Buy and forgo the connie but still have my lifetime sub honored? Or did I just become a hostage of Gamestop?