Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Rihannsu
# 31
01-07-2014, 10:22 PM
How come no one ever played this game.

Star Trek: Starfleet Academy Starship Bridge Simulator

It was the precursor to the Starfleet Academy for the PC. It was a great game. Sometimes I would play for hours in the mess hall playing pool (Sega 32X only version). Once you got your skills up you could even see cloaked ships with your naked eye because the ships still displaced space slightly. Boy, was that fun, shooting cloaked ships just because I could see them.

Last edited by captainbailey; 01-07-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Career Officer
# 32
01-08-2014, 12:09 AM
Another vote for Elite Force. Elite Force II was also good and the multiplayer was fun.

Starfleet Academy was also great stuff.

Been so long I've forgotten how good these were...

Last edited by gfreeman98; 01-08-2014 at 12:13 AM.
Captain
# 33
01-08-2014, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
Only other Star Trek game I've actually played was Starship Creator.
You missed a lot of good stuff.

It's a shame the BotF isn't availlable anymore afaik.
Bridge Commander and Starfleet command series are definitive great Star Trek games.
If you like TNG, than you are almost obligated to have played "ST: the final unity" at least once.
TNG actors voice acting, great puzzles and Starship management.

If i think about it, i'd love to get a similar game just more sandboxy. I wouldn't care about the outdated graphics at all. But with todays means such a game could be huge. There could be a whole Galaxy to explore and more/different Crew members to enlist, more different ships and so on.
(just dreaming )

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
01-08-2014, 03:20 PM
STAR TREK: LEGACY!!!!

No offence, but STO is not at the top. ST:L is for me!

2: Is Starfleet Academy. One if it actually worked on my computer.
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
01-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post

EGA TREK 2.2 (the one before Nels Anderson got sued) was my favorite

Ega Trek 2.2 vs. 3.1 differences (Enterprise vs. Lexington) <<< Youtube Vid

But then there was also Armada 2, Bridge commander, SFA (Starfleet Academy) KA (Klingon Academy), Dominion Wars, Legacy, Birth of the Federation

What i still have installed on my pc and play now and then...
Startrek Bridge commander....

Game i been waiting on for almost ever
Startrek Excalibur
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Captain
# 37
01-08-2014, 04:19 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_...ation_(pinball)

My favorite and I'm still able to play it every day thanks to my iPad.
Commander
# 38
01-08-2014, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpingjs View Post

LOL I WANTED to like Star Trek Legacy (maybe it was better on PC), but that is the first XBox360 game that made me rage sooo hard - I actually took the cd to my patio and smashed it with a hammer.

Multiplayer was supposed to let you have a mini-fleet of 4 ships vs 4 players. My XBox version would NEVER and I mean EVER let you play more than 2 players with a mini-fleet of 2 ships - if you could GET online.

The textures were always broken, it crashed every 2nd level, you were originally (Activision SWORE to this b4 release) supposed to be able to custom your ship weapons and design.

Arghh! Most frustrating piece of crap I've ever blew $60 on. The original GameBoy 25th Trek game looked like Battlefield 4 compared to it - and was actually more fun IMO.
"I'm a Vulcan in da streets, but a Klingon in da sheets, mon!"
Ensign
# 39
01-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Bridge Commander I felt was the best Star Trek experience ever, I mean you get to command starships. And once you starts trying out the modding community it was insane to see what that game engine was capable once you get the Kobayashi Maru Mod. Some of the community textures and models rivaled the VFX ones, and was even fun to mix in other scifi like BSG. Seriously needs to get a sequel with official mod support, unfortunately it might bring down STO completely lol. I will also say Starfleet Academy and Klingon Academy both where amazing games as well, definitely helped hold fans over until STBC hit the PC.
Career Officer
# 40
01-08-2014, 11:38 PM
From the ones ive played, i would have to say the first Armada game, it had a neat story and i could use the enterprise E. I even complimented a reference to it in my fiction. ELite force was cool but the doom guy ending and lack of star ship combat left it seem lacking for a star trek title. Hidden evil was a step in the right direction, but lacked good control other wise it would be like an sto ground mission.. I never played bridge commander, but that was the game i was looking for when i discovered the sto cd at the store....and CatStar was born
How Picard dealt with ARC_STO Feedback_ARC Wars time capsule

Last edited by catstarsto; 01-08-2014 at 11:41 PM.