Lt. Commander
# 1 Give me ym BO back
02-21-2010, 12:11 PM
I obtained a purple nausican Tactical BO, which i used to train another TO I had. I then commissioned it and it turned into an Engineer. I submit a ticket and get told its all working perfectly.

this is not an acceptable answer nor is it true, because my BO would not have changed class if all was working fine.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2010, 12:19 PM
If you use a BO to train another BO, the one that you used to train is supposed to disappear. It sounds to me like you used up your purple by training another BO, then commissioned some other officer in your list by accident.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Ya.. actually this is true and working as intended. You used up your purple officer by training the other TO you already had. When you use a new officer to train one already in use the new officer that is used to do the training is lost permenently. More than likely you had several officers in your list and the next one in line was an engineer. So basicly your purple tact officer did not turn into an engineer but rather you used up your purple and commisioned a differant one that was already in your list.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-21-2010, 07:53 PM
To be honest, Cryptic should give somekind of notification that says, "if you train another BO, you will lose this BO" - Are you sure?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
To be honest, Cryptic should give somekind of notification that says, "if you train another BO, you will lose this BO" - Are you sure?
"After training one of your officers I will return to my duty else where." L2read? :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker88 View Post
"After training one of your officers I will return to my duty else where." L2read? :p
You don't need to be insulting. The way Cryptic has it, it's like a footnote than a highlighted passage, if you get my drift.

That's why there is a ton of people constantly asking "Where is the Admiral's Office", "Where's Sulu", "Were is such and such planet", when it's right there on the mission briefing. Because it's not as noticable than it should be. And this is no different.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Not wanting to read in and MMO is not an acceptable complaint.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
You don't need to be insulting. The way Cryptic has it, it's like a footnote than a highlighted passage, if you get my drift.

That's why there is a ton of people constantly asking "Where is the Admiral's Office", "Where's Sulu", "Were is such and such planet", when it's right there on the mission briefing. Because it's not as noticable than it should be. And this is no different.
No insult was intended, sry. Personally I think its fine the way it is, but then again I like reading every detail to really sink-in the story/lore. Coming from WoW where every quest holds your hand all the way to the end so you can skip the story reading and jump in blind kind of beats the point of the whole story telling IMO. /shrug
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Well, it is pretty obvious when you choose to train up another officer with the new one that they won't be joining your crew afterwords. I think people just don't really pay attention to the text, and just click through it all.

The only way to make it even more obvious (IMO) is to have a flashing neon button saying "Are you SURE? You will NOT be able to commission this officer after using it for training!!", along with the red alert sound effect.

However, it is quite clearly presented to the player when they talk to the officer in question without having to go through all that silliness I just suggested.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-21-2010, 11:40 PM
This is one of the few things in game that is actually documented properly. Now I see why Cryptic doesn't bother.