Lt. Commander
Hey,

I am attempting to activate my retail for the game but it tells me the key is not in their records. Is anyone else having this issue? And before you ask, yes I triple checked the key to be sure it was accurate.

Any info would be helpful, thanks.

Arch
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archamedius View Post
Hey,

I am attempting to activate my retail for the game but it tells me the key is not in their records. Is anyone else having this issue? And before you ask, yes I triple checked the key to be sure it was accurate.

Any info would be helpful, thanks.

Arch
Hi Yes i just had the same problem a few hours ago. I had retried it a few times with no results. Then on te fourth try / refusal, i just sat there staring at it wondering what to do next. Then after about 3 minutes of letting the red lined rejection notices hang on screen instead of clearing it and re entring te key, I just re clicked on the submit button again and 'voila' - it accepted it !! ... I think that pehaps the heavy traffic tonite was like rush hour traffic and slowed the acceptance of the KEY entry, so letting it hang on screen for a few before re cliking button gave system a chance to connect the Key. Try it this way and see if it helps..it did for me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 04:02 AM
Could be heavy traffic or like other MMO the Authorize account server are set not to accept the retail keys until a certain date (like the day of launch) IE a switch need to be activated on the server with a list of the authorized retail keys that the code company generated.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Am having the same problem with Direct 2 Drive Download. I do not understand, this is the first time have used the service for pre-ordering and now they refuse to release the retail key for STO.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarion
Am having the same problem with Direct 2 Drive Download. I do not understand, this is the first time have used the service for pre-ordering and now they refuse to release the retail key for STO.
are thay refuseing ?? or just havent updated it yet? cos i went with them too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashalot
are thay refuseing ?? or just havent updated it yet? cos i went with them too.
Am at a loss, do not have the funds to buy another copy. Got email from support center and was floored by the reply. "due to arrangement with cryptic your retail key will be sent to you within the next 4-8 weeks"

What the heck is going on here? I sent in a another support ticket requesting clarification of that statement.

What is Cryptic playing at? Are they on purpose trying to lose subscribers?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Yeah I'm having the same problem activating mine and nothing is happening. I've checked it over to make sure it's correct. I've even tried doing it upper case and lower case as I know games use both when issuing registration keys and sometimes it's case sensitive. But still nothing. Getting very frustrated that a brand new game I bought on it's release date has a product key that does not match their records.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 08:15 AM
The account server looked like it was down. try again.

http://www.startrekonline.com/activate

or

http://www.startrekonline.com/enter_key
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 08:21 AM
I've heard Cryptic typically activates the keys after 12pm CST. I would try again after that.

<_< *looks at his own unactivated key*
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 08:27 AM
I just activated no problem.