Empire Veteran
# 11
01-07-2014, 05:10 AM
I see plenty of people using the allied zone but rarely see anyone in the contested zone.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Career Officer
# 12
01-07-2014, 05:21 AM
Before they removed the dailies, I was all over Dyson space. Now though? Not even worth it. At most, I'll go do something quick in Allied space for my comm but that's about it. Otherwise the BZ is about all the content that I do from S8 anymore. Shame too since it was fun flying around with others and capturing towers and stuff. No point in it now.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Captain
# 13
01-07-2014, 05:28 AM
The issue is players are going to do the content that gives them the most rewards for the time they spend. Period.

Cryptic has created Rep's that require 2000-3000 marks or more to unlock or obtain all the gear within that particular Rep. So when a player decides that they want that set, being space or ground or both they are going to seek out the missions that give the most marks for the least amount of time.

I cant believe no one at cryptic sees that, Hummm this mission takes 40 min and only rewards 25-35 marks. But this mission takes 10 min and rewards 50-60 marks. I wonder if people are still going to play the longer mission? I can't believe they dont see it. That they are blind to how they are funneling players into particular missions that arew really not that fun. Example Starbase fleet defence mission. Takes about 30+ min to complets and if you have a good team and do well it rewards about 100 marks. In that same 30 min you can run Fleet alert 4 times by bailing before the last wave and earn 160 marks. So a fun challenging mission with lots of space pew-pew and places for Tac, Eng, and Sci captians to shine gets ignored due to the rewards being not worth the time.

I could go on about the Romulan rep and how tagging Epohs is the best way to grind out all of the marks or how CE is the fastest way to get through the Nukara Rep. Cryptic need to look at all of the content and make all of it valueable. Make every missions reward equal to the amount of time it takes to complete and that missions cooldown.

I understand that they dont want people to complete the grind to fast but as it sits they are making player grind the same 3 or 4 missions over and over and over while other content sits unplayed.
Empire Veteran
# 14
01-07-2014, 05:41 AM
They removed the dailies? I left Dyson to do the winter event so when did this happen?
Empire Veteran
# 15
01-07-2014, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
They removed the dailies? I left Dyson to do the winter event so when did this happen?
perhaps while you were doing the winter event.

HouseOfBeautiful.org | /channel_join House of Beautiful
free t5 access for all!! | /channel_join NoP Public Service
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-07-2014, 05:46 AM
With the old dailies, I used to take a full ship into the sphere and blow up Voth ships in both zones before beaming down to the battlezone. It was fun and profitable.
Now, I just take a shuttle, run an errand in the allied zone for the commendation, then head back to the gate and use the teleport to the battlezone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsteward View Post
There is still the voth zone in the works so hopefully that one will be more interesting.
If the rewards are going to be as low as the allied and contested zones now, they might as well scrap it and work on something else.

Quote:
The Dec 19 patch
Rihannsu
# 17
01-07-2014, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsteward View Post
There is still the voth zone in the works so hopefully that one will be more interesting.
Being interesting was never the problem. The Allied/Contested zones were plenty interesting. But "interesting" will only get you a run around the block. Been there, done that, got the accolades. Without decent rewards, nobody cares for re-runs.
Empire Veteran
# 18
01-07-2014, 06:36 AM
Thanks solemkof.

I guess the Dyson rep is going to take a while to finish......
Empire Veteran
# 19
01-07-2014, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehbubbaloo View Post
perhaps while you were doing the winter event.
I guess I was snow blind. Still if the daily that give a comendation for the 2500 dyson mark rep mission still exists it may not be too bad, just will take longer to max my Dyson rep for PvP.
With my new schedule offering more down time time I will be able to play more, so I will see today.
Captain
# 20
01-07-2014, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Thanks solemkof.

I guess the Dyson rep is going to take a while to finish......
I've been just doing Breach Elite once a day since the daily nerf, using the commendation for rep grind and opting for fleet marks to keep the base grind moving. Fun as that one is, it's getting a little old. But I only need to run it three more times to hit Dyson Tier V.