Lt. Commander
# 1 Cannot Login since beta closed
02-02-2010, 04:42 AM
I preordered, and played through out the open beta, when the server went down to prepare for pre-start date I just went to do other things, then on the pre-start date all day and up to now I get the same error when I open the launcher all I get is <Link id="maincss" href=", i was told to go into the STO folder and load the gameclient.exe but when I did this it just said account timed out after a short period, then I tried reinstalling, but I get same error from launcher and cannot patch and now I no longer have a gameclient.exe

PLEASE help me
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 05:32 AM
soo frustrating lol, someone must have had same problem as me ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 05:56 AM
I had the same thing briefly during the transition between OB and Headstart, however for me restarting the launcher fixed it. Of course that isn't working for you.

White background showing only the text: <Link id="maincss" href="

Dev response would be nice, seeing as the OP hasn't been able to get the head start he pre-ordered for.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy21
I preordered, and played through out the open beta, when the server went down to prepare for pre-start date I just went to do other things, then on the pre-start date all day and up to now I get the same error when I open the launcher all I get is <Link id="maincss" href=", i was told to go into the STO folder and load the gameclient.exe but when I did this it just said account timed out after a short period, then I tried reinstalling, but I get same error from launcher and cannot patch and now I no longer have a gameclient.exe

PLEASE help me
ive been doing some playing arround and it appears the launcher uses the temporary internet files folder in a similar way to how web browsers use it as a store for java and css files etc web broswers dont always check for the latest version on websites so...

if your seeing this error as soon as you start the launcher and it goes no further chances are you have a corrupt file in temporary internet files, either manualy clean this folder or use ccleaner to delete all the temporary internet files. you will loose all saved passwords though

you could try using the delete temporary files from internet explorer but ive found this can be some what selective as to what it cleans and dosent always clean up what it should but you should have the option to only delete temporary files and leave passwords
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 06:03 AM
ill give it a go, nothing else seems to work
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 06:04 AM
OMG Diamondillium thx a bunch it actually worked xD
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 06:14 AM
welcome back then... sorry you missed your chance to get into pre-launch