Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdwin
Not sure what your gripe is, are you complaining because you cannot play right now? Didn't you get your pre-order access & key?
Some of us did not play during the headstart because we are waiting for our pre-order bonuses like the Joined Trill or the Constitution class ship.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 04:04 AM
Lol yes it is really problem. I paid for the game already (D2drive) nearly one month ago. And they are still waiting with my code. WTH? And I dont need to download the game I only need my key. Some people already have their PHYSICAL Copies.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 04:05 AM
For Steam, I have to wait until 2pm- while people with retail are probably going to be playing long before that. Why it takes so long to give us our key, I don't know.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
That said, I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea. Now you know that you don't like it, and you don't have to use it again. Simple as that.
Yeah, but the reasons I don't like it shouldn't exist. There is no reason for these issues to exist. Common sense should tell anyone that if it's possible for people to get a physical copy of a game and start playing it at 12:01AM. Then it should be equally as possible (if not more so) for a person to purchase something digitally, and be playing it just as early.

In addition, I'm not even getting into the debate on whether digital games should cost the same as their physical counterparts. That's a whole other ball of wax. Fact of the matter is. Digital distribution, in its current form, is pretty worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 04:07 AM
My key from gamestop digital download came through at exactly midnight PST which is 8am for me. No issues with them, everything went smootly and my keys are now registered.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remade
Yeah, but the reasons I don't like it shouldn't exist. There is no reason for these issues to exist. Common sense should tell anyone that if it's possible for people to get a physical copy of a game and start playing it at 12:01AM. Then it should be equally as possible (if not more so) for a person to purchase something digitally, and be playing it just as early.

In addition, I'm not even getting into the debate on whether digital games should cost the same as their physical counterparts. That's a whole other ball of wax. Fact of the matter is. Digital distribution, in its current form, is pretty worthless.
This isn't a failure of digital distribution. Its your perceived failure of this use of digital distribution.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curs0r View Post
that's exactly what he said. No he doesn't have to use it again, in fact he said he wouldn't.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
My point was that his rant is meaningless, since his opinion does not necessarily reflect the views of others.

Now go to another thread and yell at some more people for being lesser Star Trek fans than you.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 04:09 AM
how hard can it be to e-mail out a bunch of numbers to people..seriously
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikoletta
how hard can it be to e-mail out a bunch of numbers to people..seriously
Pretty hard if the person who gave you those numbers told you not to do it before a certain time.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remade

They have to pick SOME time, and since it is a worldwide service, the time they pick will be completely arbitrary to the majority of people. Just be patient. Some people won't be getting their keys for days.

As for pricing, they HAVE to price the games in a way that is comparable to B&M retail stores, or the retailers would not buy their games.