Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 11
01-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by megacharge07 View Post
Yeah with that attitude and blatant disregard for everything I posted, you've proven less than useful. I'll wait until a dev who has a firm grasp of the English language and it's definitions comes in so we can get some work done.
Listen, junior. We all understand what the word "immunity" means, so you can drop your snide little tone. You harping on that does not address whether your shield immunity matrix also blocks abilities that specifically bypass shields. Unless you can find some in-game text explicitly stating that the immunity blocks shield bypass, repeating the word "immune" doesn't gain you anything.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-07-2014, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Listen, junior. We all understand what the word "immunity" means, so you can drop your snide little tone. You harping on that does not address whether your shield immunity matrix also blocks abilities that specifically bypass shields. Unless you can find some in-game text explicitly stating that the immunity blocks shield bypass, repeating the word "immune" doesn't gain you anything.
Listen, immunity to damage is exactly what it says, immunity to damage. It doesn't list exceptions, if there were exceptions they would be listed, if there were exceptions it wouldn't have been 100% immune like it used to be.

Basically you're trying to tell me that they just suddenly allow shield bypass on a shield that's supposed to grant you immunity to damage in general ie all damage unless stated otherwise or specifically indicated, without adding anything in patch notes or updating the descriptor.

I don't think so...
Captain
# 13
01-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Listen, immunity to damage is exactly what it says, immunity to damage.
You repeating that won't make it true. It could just mean "immunity to shield damage" by default, without explicitly saying so.

Quote:
It doesn't list exceptions
That doesn't mean there aren't any.

Quote:
You're trying to tell me that they just suddenly allow shield bypass on a shield that's supposed to be immune to damage
That's just it. If the shield is being bypassed, whether or not the shield itself is immune may be irrelevant, because the attack didn't touch it.

Quote:
in general ie all damage unless stated otherwise or specifically indicated, without adding anything in patch notes or updating the descriptor?

I don't think so...
What you think, what you assume, is not the final word. I can't seem to find any official description of this "omnidirectional shield matrix," so I guess we'll have to wait for someone else to chime in and move the discussion past your "Immunity means immunity! Gah!" broken record. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but whether you like it or not, nothing you've posted so far is proving anything.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Quote:
You repeating that won't make it true. It could just mean "immunity to shield damage" by default, without explicitly saying so.

That doesn't mean there aren't any.

That's just it. If the shield is being bypassed, whether or not the shield itself is immune may be irrelevant, because the attack didn't touch it.

What you think, what you assume, is not the final word. I can't seem to find any official description of this "omnidirectional shield matrix," so I guess we'll have to wait for someone else to chime in and move the discussion past your "Immunity means immunity! Gah!" broken record.
Ok look, you're obviously missing something, because you keep regurgitating the same nonsense time after time. So go back and read everything in all my posts, from the beginning until now, and ask me some specific questions so I may clear up the things that aren't sinking in. Maybe that will help you post something meaningful.
Captain
# 15
01-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Ok look, you're obviously missing something
Maybe I need another copy-and-paste from a dictionary.

Quote:
ask me some specific questions
Everything you have posted is "sinking in" just fine. What you're failing to comprehend is that none of it proves anything. I asked for a screen shot of in-game text. Until you provide that, you're just flailing at your keyboard with your insistence that what you assumed should dictate how things are.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-07-2014, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Everything you have posted is "sinking in" just fine. What you're failing to comprehend is that none of it proves anything. I asked for a screen shot of in-game text. Until you provide that, you're just flailing at your keyboard with your insistence that what you assumed should dictate how things are.
Obviously it's not... I posted word for word what it said regarding the description of immunity, and I specifically mentioned that there are no *exceptions listed.

You don't believe me? Me posting a screen shot of that is not going to change anything, it will just confirm exactly what I said. The way I perceive the description is not at issue here, I understand full well what all the words in the description mean and what a lack of certain words in the description mean as well. If there is any issue with the description, it is on Cryptic's end, not mine.

As I mentioned before, shield bleed through never used to happen, so I'd say it's a fair assessment that the description is entirely accurate as to how it's supposed to behave, how it used to behave and how I interpret it. It's just changed now with no patch note updates and no descriptor update hence why I used the term "bugged" and why I posted this in bug reports.

Anyway, here's the proof it's all damage if my word isn't good enough. http://i44.tinypic.com/b5myie.png

Is this sinking in yet?

Last edited by megacharge07; 01-07-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Captain
# 17
01-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Obviously it's not... I posted word for word what it said regarding the description of immunity, and I specifically mentioned that there are no *exceptions listed.

You don't believe me? Me posting a screen shot of that is not going to change anything, it will just confirm exactly what I said. The way I perceive the description is not at issue here, I understand full well what all the words in the description mean and what a lack of certain words in the description mean as well. If there is any issue with the description, it is on Cryptic's end, not mine.

As I mentioned before, shield bleed through never used to happen, so I'd say it's a fair assessment that the description is entirely accurate as to how it's supposed to behave, how it used to behave and how I interpret it. It's just changed now with no patch note updates and no descriptor update hence why I used the term "bugged" and why I posted this in bug reports.

Anyway, here's the proof it's all damage if my word isn't good enough. http://i44.tinypic.com/b5myie.png

Is this sinking in yet?
I noticed no response yet! I have had what appears to be some issues in game where despite what it is supposed to do, the game fudges and allows some or complete shield bypassing even though it shouldn't.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Well I filed a bug report about it, but like with all bug reports, I haven't got a response back, and probably never will. Would a dev or mod mind chiming in on this issue please?

The reflective shield matrix (or omnidirectional shield matrix, which ever it is) isn't functioning as designed. Last night it worked for a bit actually, and the really weird part is, when i was playing The Breach, I noticed the NPC Bulwarks RSM didn't work when mine didn't work, and theirs did work when mine did. It worked once during that STF, and didn't work at all the other 2 times I used it.

This bug is really odd, and very annoying.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
01-08-2014, 03:14 PM
It states that the shield absorbs the damage, so if you bypass the shield no absorbing...
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Captain
# 20
01-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones1970 View Post
It states that the shield absorbs the damage, so if you bypass the shield no absorbing...
Be that as it may, it also states immune to ALL incoming damage, meaning even if it bypasses the shield you should be immune to incoming damage.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet