Lt. Commander
# 141
01-25-2014, 02:48 PM
I prefer public feedback, even if my writing sucked. The discussions can be good. I also skim people's comments to make sure that I'm not saying the same thing as they were. (Though sometimes people need to hear "break your writing into paragraphs!" over and over.)

But if you are an agent for a well-known publishing house, please send your multimillion dollar offer to me privately.
Captain
# 142
01-25-2014, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhombre777 View Post
I prefer public feedback, even if my writing sucked. The discussions can be good. I also skim people's comments to make sure that I'm not saying the same thing as they were. (Though sometimes people need to hear "break your writing into paragraphs!" over and over.)

But if you are an agent for a well-known publishing house, please send your multimillion dollar offer to me privately.
Hell, I don't even mind that offer being made publicly - it's not like anyone here knows where I live...
-------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by hfmudd
Quote:
You are special, you are unique, and you are passionate. You are also insignificant. Get used to it.
Career Officer
# 143
01-25-2014, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Hell, I don't even mind that offer being made publicly - it's not like anyone here knows where I live...
Right, it's not like any of us secretly works for the NSA.

0_o

o_0

O_O

Captain
# 144
01-25-2014, 04:04 PM
I like to avoid reading other peoples stories until mine is posted, so i don't get influenced, but going through the discussions will often hype me up to read them (sometimes with spoilers), but still. Either way though, it's always good to get feedback as long as it's constructive.
Lt. Commander
# 145
01-26-2014, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
I prefer public lashings.
Must...refrain...from...responding....with....ente ndres....

(I'd love to go "The Taming of the Shrew" on this, but it would probably violate some TOS I clicked yes to!)

But yes, all the above posts point to constructive criticism being a valid point for discussions, so I'll continue to do so, sans "you made a typo", given that I'm guilty of them as well!