Career Officer
# 1 Absurd/extreme graphics issues
01-08-2014, 02:38 AM
I logged in with my KDF, and went into winder wonderland.
The second i got there i saw this issue...

And no, this can't be a hardware issue...
Anybody else getting something like this?

UPDATE: same thing seems to be happening with my other character as well. Smaller graphic distortions are being carried over into other locations as well. For example, distorted text, menu graphics around the minimap are not loading...etc

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 01-08-2014 at 02:53 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
01-08-2014, 03:13 AM
Yeah, this bug happens randomly ever since the launch of S8. Closing and restarting this game should resolve the matter.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Lieutenant
# 3
01-08-2014, 07:03 AM
They've gone to plaid!
Career Officer
# 4
01-08-2014, 07:26 AM
Hmm. It could be the missing/simple textures bug that many of us are getting, but it looks quite different from what I see as well as the screenshots from others that have the bug. We don't see the multi-color plaid, we just see a blank missing texture. Very weird.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Captain
# 5
02-07-2014, 02:22 PM
I just wanted to say that while this was a terrible bug apparently...it looked kind of awesome to itself.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"
Career Officer
# 6
02-07-2014, 02:35 PM
These graphic bugs are getting worse more often now. And it's still random and even re logging dos nothing.

NCP's and players are turning into Smurfs, and black, green, orange as well as landscapes.

NCP's, stars, ships etc can be nothing but white cubes. Including beam in and out affects.

Screen jumping is becoming more often. And of course the so known Blacked Out Screen. They mention this but not the others.

My drivers are up to date,if they weren't I couldn't play. Keep wondering if those White Lag Clouds are still around in the Borg encounters.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2014, 12:28 PM
I just tried doing the "cracked mirror" mission with one of my fed toons and as soon as I entered the docking ring, everything is white! it's completely un playable,you can't tell which way to go. it's not my pc.
Ensign
Hello, recently (past few days) I've been having a problem where certain graphics (a shirt, a wall, sometimes entire characters) just go blank white. It has escalated to sometimes destroying entire scenes. Generally a game restart will fix it for a few minutes, but it always comes back. Changing the graphics settings does nothing.

The second issue just started ten minutes ago. The little image icons for weapons, armour, rewards, even the buttons to make guns or armour visible or not are missing. The icons seem to be random... some appear, but most don't.

Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing these issues and if they're known or not?

Thanks.
Captain
# 9
02-19-2014, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinlolnix View Post
Hello, recently (past few days) I've been having a problem where certain graphics (a shirt, a wall, sometimes entire characters) just go blank white. It has escalated to sometimes destroying entire scenes. Generally a game restart will fix it for a few minutes, but it always comes back. Changing the graphics settings does nothing.

The second issue just started ten minutes ago. The little image icons for weapons, armour, rewards, even the buttons to make guns or armour visible or not are missing. The icons seem to be random... some appear, but most don't.

Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing these issues and if they're known or not?

Thanks.
Yes this is known but there is as yet no solution to it - and it is very frustrating as the devs and forum mods have given little to no feedback about it. The only thing they have done is move the thread from the graphics and sound issues to the general PC thread

Anyway the whole thread is linked below, if you can add anything please do as it may provide a clue as to solving the issue.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=913941

SUPPORT THE FOUNDRY, YOUR GATEWAY TO NEW REGULAR CONTENT.