Super Moderator
Okay,

It's real simple, or it should be.

I want a cookie. A 'mission cookie'. Basically a token that gets attached to the player like a web cookie for the duration of a Foundry mission. Bonus points if we can set a value inside it (based on interactions) that we can read later.

And then the ability to trigger off that cookie. Even just the ability to detect it and treat it as a boolean value (on or off / true or false) would be great. Being able to use a set value inside the cookie as a dialog variable would be epic.

When the mission is over, the mission cookie goes away. Neat and tidy, minimal overhead. Even better if we can trigger the cookie to "expire". One cookie at a time per mission, that's all I ask. More is better, but even one would be a dramatic change over what we've got to work with now.

C'mon, Cryptic. That's functionality that you could use, too. Kestrel would have a field day with that.

It would allow us to create if-then cause-and-effect conditions that trigger an event based on some choice or action the player made earlier in the mission.

I know it's not trivial. But it's not rocket science, either.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Empire Veteran
# 2
01-08-2014, 12:55 PM
So basically something that can help create varying effects, events, objectives?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-08-2014, 01:27 PM
Forgive me but I really don't understand any of that... could you dumb it down for a poor liberal arts major like me
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Empire Veteran
# 4
01-08-2014, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Forgive me but I really don't understand any of that... could you dumb it down for a poor liberal arts major like me
I think he means that basically it's some kind of thing that will trigger different events, effects based on what kind of "tag" you got. Example say, Bob gets tag 1, he has extra enemies spawn at objective 1, etc. Or Bob gets tag 2, and gets extra scenery to spawn at objective 1.

I think that's what he means...
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
Rihannsu
# 5
01-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Basically it'd be a way to have the game remember choices the player made in the mission.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 6
01-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Basically it'd be a way to have the game remember choices the player made in the mission.
So I got it right in a way ?
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
01-08-2014, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Ah ok, that makes sense to me now.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
01-08-2014, 02:29 PM
One of the features currently in Neverwinter Foundry (which I would love to see ported here) is Item. This is basically a custom-design item that can be given to the player and goes into their inventory. The author can then set triggers based on whether the player has this item, and can even optionally have said item removed as a result.

It's a little more along the lines of a physical cookie than a web one, but it functions the same way.

@greendragoon
Super Moderator
# 9
01-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
One of the features currently in Neverwinter Foundry (which I would love to see ported here) is Item. This is basically a custom-design item that can be given to the player and goes into their inventory. The author can then set triggers based on whether the player has this item, and can even optionally have said item removed as a result.

It's a little more along the lines of a physical cookie than a web one, but it functions the same way.
Yes, I've seen those items in the NW Foundry missions. That would work, too.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Rihannsu
# 10
01-08-2014, 07:38 PM
I remember back when I used to write Qbasic programs.... There is so much I could do if the game let me define an array for data storage...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.