Starfleet Veteran
# 11
01-09-2014, 08:49 AM
QBasic was my first language as well. Used it to make this blocky representation of LCARS that switched modes when you pressed number keys. (My favorite was 5 for self destruct. )

@greendragoon
Captain
# 12
01-14-2014, 07:29 AM
Cool idea, anything that lets me add more variance to missions would be great, i found a few work arounds, but fairly crude ones which don't always work reliably, so something a bit more written into the gamecode might be more effective

on a more negative note , I thought this thread would have more to do with actual cookies
I'm hungry now

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
01-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adverbero View Post
on a more negative note , I thought this thread would have more to do with actual cookies
I'm hungry now
There were cookies, but you showed up late and now they're all gone.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 14
01-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
There were cookies, but you showed up late and now they're all gone.
NOOOOOOOO! ( camera Pans dramatically through asteroid into space)

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Career Officer
# 15
01-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
QBasic was my first language as well. Used it to make this blocky representation of LCARS that switched modes when you pressed number keys. (My favorite was 5 for self destruct. )
But if we do get cookies, they'd better be done in C.

C is for cookie - that's good enough for me.
Captain
# 16
01-15-2014, 07:21 PM
I know cookies is one of the things Cryptic Devs themselves want for the game. Personally, I would like to see them get it. And not just because if they got it we could get it too. >,>

But yeah, it's the only way other than clever dialog that any form of honest choice you make could get passed down passed a map change, even for a cryptic mission. Much want. @.@
Captain
# 17
01-16-2014, 12:07 PM
Considering that the foundry tool is set up to make you believe that choices can travel from one map to another, this feature would be a great step in getting this thing out of beta .
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR