Lt. Commander
At least in scope, not specifically like this lol. Anyways, here is a battle from another game, this was from last Saturday night. Total time of the battle, 5.5 hours. People involved, approx 60 on my side, the defenders and 200 on the attackers side.

Defending force 60 people, 1 brig and 1 Warhulk

Attacking force 200 people, 5 misc ships total.

By the end of the battle, all 200 attackers killed, 1 ship destroyed, 3 ships captured. Defenders lost a handful of people.

Anyways, I really wish STO was more dynamic like this. Massive battles of star ships coming across each other in a sector of space to defend a key star base used for attack runs into Federation space or to assault a shipping lane. Unfortunately, since STO is not massive.. it wont ever happen. Stuck with pointless gamespy instant spawn death match battles.

The battle for Elingar in 1080p

The Battle Eslinger showcasing all the different aspects of Darkfall warfare. LoD, KC, Yew, and Andruk friends defend against the Cruby zerg. Crank it up.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 04:46 AM
I shall QQ for you !!
QQ.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 04:56 AM
I missed the energy weapons and tribbles...now i have to watch it again xD
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foomz
I shall QQ.
You seem to be doing exactly that, suck it up buttercup.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 05:43 AM
The biggest problem with Star Trek's combat [not the game mind you] is that in the shows and movies it only takes 2-3 Phaser hits and a torpedo and BOOM. Even massive Federation cruisers couldn't take more than a few well placed hits. There was a lot more tension in space, which is why the probably talked a bit more before fighting because they knew, much like old naval warfare with cannons and wooden boats, that their survivability was pretty low.

So I think STO stretches out battles quite a bit as it is going from their source material.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunAvenger
The biggest problem with Star Trek's combat [not the game mind you] is that in the shows and movies it only takes 2-3 Phaser hits and a torpedo and BOOM. Even massive Federation cruisers couldn't take more than a few well placed hits. There was a lot more tension in space, which is why the probably talked a bit more before fighting because they knew, much like old naval warfare with cannons and wooden boats, that their survivability was pretty low.

So I think STO stretches out battles quite a bit as it is going from their source material.
Drawing battles out would be better for the game than the quick battles they have now. Battles like in Starfleet Command would work much better in this game. It would also allow for bigger battles but the core system of the engine could not handle it. This game was not designed for a tactical game at all but more of a arcade game and would require a complete overhaul and rethinking of their system.