Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obi636 View Post
Because Steam is such an awesome company, the game is now live, but they won't be giving out retail keys for 7 hours.

Quote from the Steam's STO page:

"Available: February 2nd, 2010
This game will unlock in approximately 7 hours"

So.....apparently the game is live, but steam didn't get the memo. Have fun waiting 7 more hours for your retail code. I know I will..........never order another game from Steam again!
Apparently that memo never reached anyone as it appears multiple other retail outlets which offered Digital Download for STO have yet to provide retail keys to anyone - Steam, Direct-2-Drive, Atari DD, etc.

Just go read all the threads popping up about this. This is *not* something directly related to Steam not getting the "open" time.. seems something with all store's which offered Digital Downloads.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Here's a link to the AWESOME Steam count down page for the release of your bought and paid for retail code.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/901222/

Anyone besides me wonder why there is a delay in delivering digital content???

Not really. That countdown has been exactly the same since they first launched the offer on Steam, so I knew exactly when they would launch it officially there.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerik View Post
My game's up and running, but still no pre order items in the C-Store. Wtf?
Evidently you didn't actually read the info that THE RETAIL KEY IS NOT ACTIVE UNTIL 10 am PST.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Because Steam is such an awesome company, the game is now live, but they won't be giving out retail keys for 7 hours.

Quote from the Steam's STO page:

"Available: February 2nd, 2010
This game will unlock in approximately 7 hours"

So.....apparently the game is live, but steam didn't get the memo. Have fun waiting 7 more hours for your retail code. I know I will..........never order another game from Steam again!
Note that the game is officially release at 10AM PST, which is currenly a little over 4 hours from now.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerik View Post
My game's up and running, but still no pre order items in the C-Store. Wtf?
They are locked to your retail key.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Steam always does this, for any mmo or game for that matter, it never unlocks till the middle morning because the server guy likes to sleep in.
Lt. Commander
I got a key the moment I paid for the download from Steam. Put it in and I was away into the Open Beat. I found no need to re-enter the key to join the headstart weekend. I presume that I will just continue into the actual game without any hassle.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 09:47 AM
bradthunder? so u had no issues with playing on steam? then i have no idea why it wont load for me. it finished downloading sometime lastnight but wont load up now
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 10:05 AM
It took about 7 hours to download so are you sure it is finished? Is it shown as 100% for you on the my games tabs of Steam? When mine finished I got a shortcut icon on my dashboard. Clicked that and I went straight to the launcher. Do a search on your computer for Star Trek and you might find the launcher icon is somewhere else.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunter911
bradthunder? so u had no issues with playing on steam? then i have no idea why it wont load for me. it finished downloading sometime lastnight but wont load up now
Stop running it through steam.

Go to the steam folder, common/star trek online, run the sto exe. STO doesn't require steam to run. I have a steam preorder. Played through ob and headstart and now launch with the same key and client. Works just fine. But do not run it through steam. Don't even have steam running when you play it either, just to be safe.

Or, you can even copy the STO folder, and move it out of steam, and it will still work fine. That's what I did.