Cryptic Studios Team
# 101
01-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Star Trek has it's web Gateway, Neverwinter has its' Sword Coast Adventures web game, but these are strangely absent from arcgames.com.

I would think that you would want to provide some kind of link or access from the Arc site.
Hi Bluegeek,

Great point. I think we need to add more prominent links to those. Let me pass the feedback along.

Thank you!
Captain
# 102
01-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmiracle View Post
I have a full, paid subscription to AVG Business class AV on my network. AVG is set for mildly aggressive scanning and has not found any issues with Arc. You guys have heard of things call "False Positives" right? Its funny, I have used several AV programs between home and work and yet there are always "false positives" and "false negatives."

I am not trying to call out individuals. I merely want to point out that there are other possible causes to an AV saying something is infected. It could be that an updated heuristic puts Arc in the same boat as maleware without actually being maleware. I am quite sure we all have made judgments about individuals based on a crowd. I know I am guilty of a quick judgement a time or two myself.

Also on that topic... I am currently using AVG as my AV software.... and is set to warn me of any potential threat.... and so far I got to say that AVG has not had a problem with ARC (:
AKA "Comrademoco" Join Date: February 20th, 2012
Follow me on: Twitter - Raptr - Arc
Check out my Screenshots at:Imgur
Join the: R&D_Trade Channel
Community Manager at Borg Defiants
Cryptic Studios Team
# 103
01-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
I will say this: My malware and virus scanners HATE ARC. They give me a warning every one minute and thirteen seconds, on average. My free Avira and Malwarebytes packages consider ARC to be malware.

What software are you using? I heard a rumor that Norton doesn't have an issue with ARC.
Thanks for reporting the issues with Malwarebytes and Avira. I will pass along the reports and we will look into what is causing that. Arc doesn't contain any malware or spyware, so we will see what could be causing the alert to go off.
Starfleet Veteran
# 104
01-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Let me start of by saying I am all for a unified game launcher and websites with a unified architecture... for those who play more than 1 Cryptic/PWE game.

Myself, I play STO primarily and sometimes Champions and Jade Dynasty.

What I am not in favor of is...

A) A program that is forced to run in the background while playing a Cryptic/PWE game.
B) A program that cannot be stopped while a Cryptic/PWE game is running that is started through Arc.
C) A program that is apparently tracking me while it is running. I am sure some of this is tracking games I play and time playing, but my question is... What else are you tracking?
D) A program that duplicates other social networking programs that I am currently using. Why add this? it simply uses more of a system's resources when the object is to get people to play the games not idle and chat.
E) A program that spams me with advertisements for other Cryptic/PWE games that I have no interest in downloading/playing.
F) A program that has a built-in web browser which has little to no security.
G) A program that is eventually going to replace all Cryptic/PWE launchers.
H) Cherry-picking the questions the developers have or will answer while not addressing all other feedback already given by the STO community in this thread and the others that have been posted to.

From my experience using Arc, the program is nothing more than bloatware/adware/spyware. I neither need it, nor want it on my PC. I have tested the previous version and this new Beta version. Yes, the interface and imagery are much improved, but...

Even if you put lipstick on a pig... it's still a pig.

Last edited by ixionveridian; 01-08-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Career Officer
# 105
01-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezstravus View Post
Hi Bluegeek,

Great point. I think we need to add more prominent links to those. Let me pass the feedback along.

Thank you!
I assume this means Gateway will continue to be accessible? or better still continue to be developed?

Check out my ideas for the game here
First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-F
First., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon Wolf
Wolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite

Last edited by o0kami87; 01-08-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Captain
# 106
01-08-2014, 06:40 PM
So...

PWE = Cyberdyne, Arc = Skynet, dezstravus = Miles Dyson ?
Starfleet Veteran
# 107
01-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalmoco View Post
Snip ... and yes... this is through keeping ARC and STO running at once... with out exiting out of either of them.... but I can see that if you are refering to logging into 2 different accounts through ARC itself and runnning STO while doing that... that is a problem.... which would be great if it had someway to log into another account through ARC with STO running on the background/foreground whichever you call it...
Thank you for the test. I know that we can do this now. My concern however, is when the STO launcher is no longer be used down the road. How will we be able to quickly and easily change accounts if the current launcher is going away.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Rihannsu
# 108
01-08-2014, 06:42 PM
I have precisely zero desire to use ARC, and will not at all until it is made mandatory.

Why is it ever going to be? It provides no functionality for me that I want or need.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 109
01-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
I will say this: My malware and virus scanners HATE ARC. They give me a warning every one minute and thirteen seconds, on average. My free Avira and Malwarebytes packages consider ARC to be malware.

What software are you using? I heard a rumor that Norton doesn't have an issue with ARC.
Updated reply to this:

Please let us know if your system provided any context for the warning. Did a specific behavior or element of the software trigger the warning? Please feel free to post it here or send the info to arc_feedback@perfectworld.com and we'll be happy to look into it.

Thanks!

Noel
Career Officer
# 110
01-08-2014, 06:46 PM
This is my feedback on anything regarding ARC. As the Daleks once said...

EX-TER-MI-NATE! EX-TER-MI-NAAAAAAATE!

In all seriousness, ARC is bad for business. Please stop.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)