Career Officer
# 31
01-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Is it possible to shut down this new Arc client once the game is launched, or will it insist on running in the background while the game is running?
------------------------------------------------
Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusk19 View Post
My Feedback... DO NOT WANT!
So you wanna be the next Bigpoint?

Career Officer
# 33 Dont' want It - ARC
01-08-2014, 03:40 PM
As long as I have my CD to reload the game I will NEVER use ARC till they absoluty force the issue

I don't want SPY Ware on my computer
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
01-08-2014, 03:41 PM
Don't you just love it when ignorance goes on and on and on....

What's the point in even letting us discuss this?? The direction is more than obvious.

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
01-08-2014, 03:43 PM
My opinion on arc?
Nuke the b*starding thing from orbit. To quote Stephen Fry, "It is complete loose stool water, it is arse gravy of the worst kind." There is no need nor any desire for it, other than the calls of the management MBA types (I assume).
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, sultan of stun, captain of things obvious and people oblivious.
The only one who dislikes the oddy outfit. Would love a t5 TMP Constitution class or a Fleet K'tinga revamp!
In memoriam, exploration clusters, a victim of the great content massacre. 2010-2014.
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
01-08-2014, 03:43 PM
They asked for our feeback, and we're giving them what they deserved
<a href=http://s146.photobucket.com/user/Challenger03/media/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/Challenger03/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg target=_blank>http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...psfcfe716b.jpg</a></a>
Captain
# 37
01-08-2014, 03:45 PM
I'll throw in my 2 cents as well, I have no interest or need of getting a browser, tool, chat client, or whatever the hell this is for the one and only game that I play from PWE and if Cryptic is so stupid as to build functionality into STO that requires that I have ARC running in order to play this one game, that will be the end of STO for me.
I have played other Asian managed games that went that route, that segued into requiring having a spyware engine installed to play a game and those games no longer have a place on my computer.
Be smart Cryptic, DO NOT MAKE ARC USE MANDATORY.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Captain
# 38
01-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliescot25 View Post
They asked for our feeback, and we're giving them what they deserved
They won't like it...

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
A alternative Odyssey Ship Model / A 25th century Ambassador refit.
Captain
# 39
01-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Many people might not like ARC, cause they are affraid of it, this I do not know why, but in this case, when it comes to me....

I personally find ARC to be a very intresting asset and tool to have and use and the reasons for this is that, for example I have steam, which I use for all my non-Cryptic and Perfect World Games, but when it comes to ARC I'm more comftrable in having ARC be, my sorta, say "bookshelf" to all the games I play with them, which in my case inlude; STO, CO, NW, and BL:R.....

This is my my thought, many of you might not like it..... I do not care.... nor mind ARC.....

Keep up the great work you have done with ARC Beta, Perfect World, and be sure to give Cryptic Studios a Great "bonus" *cough**cough* for making Star Trek Online the best MMO, I've ever played!!!!!!

#thumbsup
AKA "Comrademoco" Join Date: February 20th, 2012
Follow me on: Twitter - Raptr - Arc
Check out my Screenshots at:Imgur
Join the: R&D_Trade Channel
Community Manager at Borg Defiants
Commander
# 40
01-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalmoco View Post
Many people might not like ARC, cause they are affraid of it, this I do not know why, but in this case, when it comes to me....

I personally ind ARC to be a very intresting asset and tool to have and use, for example I have steam, which I use for all my non-Cryptic and Perfect World Games, but when it comes to ARC Im more comftrable in have ARC be my sorta say "bookshelf" to all the games I play with them, which inlude, STO, CO, NW, and BL:R.....

This is my my thought, many of you might not like it..... I do not care.... nor mind ARC.....

Keep up the great work you have done with ARC Beta, Perfect World, and be sure to give Cryptic Studios a Great "bonus" *cough**cough* for making Star Trek Online the best MMO, I've ever played!!!!!!

#thumbsup
Cue the resident devil's advocate/brown noser.

I commend you.
Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran

"[11/8 3:10] Julia Mateus@Aislin_Avari: Costello leaves, the average IQ of the game drops."