Captain
# 51
01-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalmoco View Post
Again, read my OP.... I do not want to know.... nor do I care about what you personally think about this.... you don't like it.. simple... don't use it... done... move on...
I am sure a lot of people will move one and quit playing STO.
But i am afraid it won't be enough to make a big impact.
The big mass of people apdopts much to easy on new state of things, which is sad for everyone if you look at it closely.

My only hope is that ARC is getting so much negative feedback and complains that they are forced to make it optional, since Cryptic is obviously totally ignoring what their customers want.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
A alternative Odyssey Ship Model / A 25th century Ambassador refit.
Lieutenant
# 52
01-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusk19 View Post
My Feedback... DO NOT WANT!
Same here if STO goes ARC launch only I will resign my Commission!
It's your world Boss I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut!
Captain
# 53
01-08-2014, 04:00 PM
(can someone explain in blunt terms what arc is and why everyone hates it rather than NAO!!, just for those of us -me- who has no idea what's going on ;|)
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Survivor of Romulus
# 54
01-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
(can someone explain in blunt terms what arc is and why everyone hates it rather than NAO!!, just for those of us -me- who has no idea what's going on ;|)
ARC is this new launcher that's supposed to be good for every PWE game. It's supposed to do everything that you can already do in-game and on the website, just in one bundle.

And in many people's opinions, it is a giant mess that we do not want, and which does not satisfy our needs and wants. We who hate ARC feel that it is unnecessary, needlessly complicated and space-consuming, and discourages new players.

Hope that this helps.
Community Moderator
# 55
01-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Star Trek has it's web Gateway, Neverwinter has its' Sword Coast Adventures web game, but these are strangely absent from arcgames.com.

I would think that you would want to provide some kind of link or access from the Arc site.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 56
01-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
ARC is this new launcher that's supposed to be good for every PWE game. It's supposed to do everything that you can already do in-game and on the website, just in one bundle.

And in many people's opinions, it is a giant mess that we do not want, and which does not satisfy our needs and wants. We who hate ARC feel that it is unnecessary, needlessly complicated and space-consuming, and discourages new players.

Hope that this helps.
So its kinda like advertising other games in the present launcher, except the arc version takes more computer memory(space?) and is ultimately not needed for people who just want to play sto?

Sounds like im one of the chorus of nos then

I mean, most people only play 1 or 2 MMOs at a time, they are time consumers afterall, having dozens of games i dont intended to invest time in, waved in front of my face, everytime i want to play sto, sounds irritating

Thanks for the reply ^^
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Survivor of Romulus
# 57
01-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
So its kinda like advertising other games in the present launcher, except the arc version takes more computer memory(space?) and is ultimately not needed for people who just want to play sto?

Sounds like im one of the chorus of nos then

I mean, most people only play 1 or 2 MMOs at a time, they are time consumers afterall, having dozens of games i dont intended to invest time in, waved in front of my face, everytime i want to play sto, sounds irritating

Thanks for the reply ^^
Exactly, and no problem.
Empire Veteran
# 58
01-08-2014, 04:14 PM
When I had to reinstall everything on my PC it forced ARC on me I no longer have the option of the client itself. Every time I visit a webpage it requests to install a bunch of plugins and sometimes it crashes because AVG is detecting it trying to pull information on non STO/Cryptic/PWE information that they claim its not trying to collect.

Thinking about just uninstalling it and never playing again if I can't choose not to use this bloatware when I really only play STO.
Rihannsu
# 59
01-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Cryptic,

Please, I am begging you, do not make Arc mandatory. Besides the spyware issue, I left Steam due to having problems with another program running in the back ground, and using up processor speed. On top of this, I live in a very, very, remote community, which has very low download speeds. I get disconnected several times during an STO session, or am unable to connect at all to the STO servers during periods of the day. Literally, I cannot afford to lose a single kilobyte to Arc.

In the last year, I have made it a habit to purchase Zen during Paypal promotions, and have spent somewhere towards $800-1000 in 2013 to support of the development of the game. I would like to think, such a contribution would be appreciated, and that a listening ear would be had at Cryptic, when I, and the majority of those that have taken time to respond to this thread say, please, allow us another launcher option for accessing STO, that does not require a background program running, such as Arc, or Steam.

It goes without question, that if I cannot login to STO, due to Arc lowering either my processor rate, or download rate, that I will not continue to purchase Zen, in support of the game, as I cannot even play the game. I realize in the grand scheme of things, 1 player telling their heart felt desire not to have the Arc client forced upon them, is insignificant in perspective to a multi-million dollar corporation, such as Cryptic, or Perfect World, with an established objective. However, If I do not write this, then you would never know. So, again here is my feeble attempt, to convey that I do not wish to use Arc, for the most basic reason, that it will no longer allow me to play STO, due to my location in a remote community.

Last edited by wayofdera; 01-08-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 60
01-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayofdera View Post
Cryptic,

Please, I am begging you, do not make Arc mandatory.
Sorry to give you the sad news but if you don't have the client it already forces you to get it. For me its causing so many problems just to log into STO through it and among all the spam messages in chrome I get for it that I'm on the verge of no longer playing anything cryptic or pwe.