Ensign
# 1 Gorn worth playing?
01-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Their stats seem kinda bad compared to the klingons.

I really want to run a Gorn because I enjoy their race, but are they just a poor man's klingon stats wise? Their bite seems kinda crappy as well.

I also hear they have no options for customization and no unique ships for them?

P.S.
Also no space bonus and isn't most of this game's late game content in space? No one really plays ground at max level?

Last edited by gowron248; 01-08-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Lieutenant
# 2
01-08-2014, 08:05 PM
I can't really recall stats atm, but Gorn have unique customization options, and have the Varanus and Dragaus science ships, both available in the C-Store.
Ensign
# 3
01-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexyf View Post
I can't really recall stats atm, but Gorn have unique customization options, and have the Varanus and Dragaus science ships, both available in the C-Store.
No tactical ships? So if I want to run a Gorn I should go science officer?
Rihannsu
# 4
01-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Who told you that? Yes, you can only play as male Gorn, and there are no FREE Gorn ships.

But, Gorn appearances are customizable, not as much as some other races, but enough to make your character identifiable. There ARE Gorn Z-Store ships. They're not that expensive either.

I don't have time to look the traits up in game but here's what the wiki says:
Species trait: Gorn are many times stronger than Humans, making their melee attacks deal massive damage and often knock down their targets. Their stamina is greater than that of Humans, providing them with resistance to many types of damage.
+17.5% bonus to Melee Damage
+15% chance to knock down the target of your melee attacks.
+5 Physical Damage Resistance Rating
+5 All Energy Damage Resistance Rating
+10 Plasma Damage Resistance Rating
+25 Fire Damage Resistance Rating

Klingons have Ground Trait. An upgrade to Soldier, this trait increases ranged weapon damage, physical melee damage and crit damage.
+15% Physical Damage
+5 All Damage Resistance Rating
+5% All Energy Damage
+15% Critical Severity
+10% Threat Generation

So it's not too different really.

Any character class can fly a science ship, it's no big deal really.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 5
01-08-2014, 08:15 PM
stat and trait wise not really a triumphant species...but compared to romulans, no species really is.
the minor differences they have are not gamebreaking at all. If you want to play a gorn, do so...you'll have no measurable defecit if you carefully choose your traits.
Go pro or go home
Ensign
# 6
01-08-2014, 08:18 PM
So if I do go Gorn I should be running a science officer since their ships are all science apparently or am I wrong?

Sorry, new to this game.
Rihannsu
# 7
01-08-2014, 08:22 PM
You can make a Gorn of Eng, Tac, or Sci. It doesn't matter. Gorn aren't required to fly Gorn ships. They can fly any Klingon faction ship. It's just that the only playable Gorn ships are sci.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 8
01-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
You can make a Gorn of Eng, Tac, or Sci. It doesn't matter. Gorn aren't required to fly Gorn ships. They can fly any Klingon faction ship. It's just that the only playable Gorn ships are sci.
Well, I'd like to stay with the theme is the issue.

So because I want my Gorn to fly a Gorn ship, I should go science officer, correct? Seems a bit odd going science on an obvious Gorn Warrior model though... Would prefer to go tactical.
Captain
# 9
01-08-2014, 08:47 PM
So do a tac in a science ship. On the ground, put that extra melee bonus to use with a Close Combat kit and a bat'leth. In space, if you're set on using a Gorn sci ship, then build around damage-dealing sci powers like FPB, TBR, or PSW, that you can buff with your tac captain powers. Could end up being pretty cool.
Ensign
# 10
01-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
So do a tac in a science ship. On the ground, put that extra melee bonus to use with a Close Combat kit and a bat'leth. In space, if you're set on using a Gorn sci ship, then build around damage-dealing sci powers like FPB, TBR, or PSW, that you can buff with your tac captain powers. Could end up being pretty cool.
Is going tac and getting a science ship viable or should I just suck it up and go engineer?

Also what is best for melee? Tac? Science? Engineer?