Lt. Commander
Anyone else go through this?

I can't "just" play. I can't "just" take a randomly generated name (cardnial sin of the RP'er, even when he doesn't RP), and I can't "just" have a generic character.

Everything from name, to backstory, to SHIP NAME has to have actual time and thought put into it, or I can't enjoy myself. When someone new joins my bridge? They get a new name ('cept Spevak, because I contend that mine is the original), new appearance, and are customized.

All of this before I even play.

I can't be the only one with STOOCD.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 05:27 AM
I just hit random a few times until I had a guy who looked like Kirk and then named him James T. Kirk. Bam. 45 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 05:29 AM
The more you post.

The more I love you.

Oh, and please note. I'm Lt.C2 with a crew of ensigns because they've been bought and sold so many times that I never have enough credits to train them.

"Mister Spevak! Full power to phasers!"

"...yeeeaah. Where's that button again?"

....god I love this game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCoyote

I can't "just" play. I can't "just" take a randomly generated name (cardnial sin of the RP'er, even when he doesn't RP), and I can't "just" have a generic character.

Everything from name, to backstory, to SHIP NAME has to have actual time and thought put into it, or I can't enjoy myself. When someone new joins my bridge? They get a new name ('cept Spevak, because I contend that mine is the original), new appearance, and are customized.

Oh, I'm very much the same. It's one of my favorite aspects, though I fear I've spent more time adjusting sliders for each character's noses and jawlines than I have piloting my ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 05:32 AM
I dunno, I spent a long time working on my character's appearance but I haven't done a backstory or anything yet, even though I am an RP'er.. I usually work on stuff like that as I go along. My character in old SWG definitely didn't have a shred of backstory when I created him, but by the time I'd left the game he was extremely developed

As for BOs, if I like the appearance and name then I will keep it I've done a few tweaks though. Gotta think about backstories for those guys too! Agh
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCoyote

hell yeah i feel you. check out this backstory.

http://erhrole.com/?page_id=342