Lt. Commander
# 21
02-03-2010, 12:25 PM
I have the BB tribble. It gives you a 60M buff (that persists in space as well) to damage, damage resistence and a damage debuff to your enemy.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhavoc View Post
The name says it all. Best Buy pre-order you get a tribble or a targ. Tribbles are everywhere in game, loot drops and on the exchange. How is the tribble you get from the pre-order any better? Some type of special tribble that's different? Anyone try their tribble yet from Best Buy?
See here.

The Best Buy Tribbles are blueish and give all three of the rare tribble buffs at once. It's kooler than you think. Pet the thing and see, man.

Lt. Commander
# 23
02-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtauntaun View Post
I have the BB tribble. It gives you a 60M buff (that persists in space as well) to damage, damage resistence and a damage debuff to your enemy.
No, it's Resistance, Damage Resistance and Damage. And though it does persist in space it does not seem to affect space combat. It's freaking awesome for ground combat though.

Lt. Commander
# 24
02-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangh
Good to know that the BB Trib gives a nice little buff.

I am hoping that the Targ is more than just a cosmetic pet and that it can actually attack.
It would be cool to be a Targ Handler.
But I think its just a non-combat pet.
Hey, if it gave the exact same buff as the BB Tribble, I'd be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Tribble from best buy = Vanity Pet.

It follows you around in ground areas.

Tribbles in game = combat/non-combat buffing devices for ground. You rub it and it goes back in your pocket.

You could at least wait til you actually see the difference or lack thereof before posting complaints...
Sorry, but you're wrong. See above.

Lt. Commander
# 26
02-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newarrior View Post
The tribble does not follow you around, although it does give you that buff.

It also is a slightly different color that the tribble I had already from a drop, however I don't know if there are different colored ones, or if just the Best Buy one is different.
There are different colored regular tribbles. But none of them are blueish and none give you three buffs at once. To get the same benefit of a player with a Best Buy tribble you would have to have all three of the rare breeds, but even then you would only get to use one buff at a time.

Lt. Commander
# 27
02-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
There are different colored regular tribbles. But none of them are blueish and none give you three buffs at once. To get the same benefit of a player with a Best Buy tribble you would have to have all three of the rare breeds, but even then you would only get to use one buff at a time.
Please see the Tribble FAQ for more info on Tribble breeds, powers, etc. So far, no ordinary breed discovered has more than a double power (and those are difficult to produce), while the pre-order bonus tribble has a triple power. It also has a color that so far hasn't been able to be duplicated through breeding. This qualifies as "exclusive" by any reasonable definition.

Even if it eventually becomes possible to breed similar tribbles, it looks like it will take considerable effort and time. Most of the other pre-order bonuses are only really relevant for the first few levels, so having an ultra-rare tribble right from the start that would take many hours and an inventory full of rare foods to breed is still pretty competitive.