Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrayel
Certainly something dramatic happened. I wish Cryptic could confirm that. It's like we went from massive load queues, getting disconnected while zoning and in mid-mission to a near-smooth system. No logon queues, no disconnects...

Cryptic want to chime in here? We're trying to tell you things are good, but would be cool to hear what was changed.

EDIT: Oops, it's 6:30am over there. Well, they should be UP anyway!
maybe you missed the 2 patches in the last couple days... stability is only gonna get better in the next few weeks too.. If that means a couple down times.. so be it
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerLight
maybe you missed the 2 patches in the last couple days... stability is only gonna get better in the next few weeks too.. If that means a couple down times.. so be it
No I was on until late Sunday, and also online early Monday afternoon just before the downtime. Early Monday afternoon I was experiencing disconnects. That leaves that specific patch/downtime that something was done, but I'm not seeing anywhere what significant change was put in place. I'm just saying something was done that was dramatic and it would be cool to know what that was. Just call me curious for details is all.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 08:20 AM
I noticed huge improvements too
Lt. Commander
# 14 Laagggg
02-02-2010, 08:22 AM
last night seemed fine, but today its nearly unplayable. Warping all over the palce and server disconnects all the time. not done a singe mission yet without having to relogin twice.

From the UK

Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem or possible my ISP ? (demon internet)
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Fairly easy to infer what was happening from the bits of information they've dropped and the times when things changed (if you were on at the right moments to spot it): we've been told that there were performance issues relating to the c-store being overloaded, and all the problems went away in the maintenance interval where they sorted that stuff out.

It's reasonable to presume that this bug had some knock-on effects which were chewing up important hardware resources.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miiru
Fairly easy to infer what was happening from the bits of information they've dropped and the times when things changed (if you were on at the right moments to spot it): we've been told that there were performance issues relating to the c-store being overloaded, and all the problems went away in the maintenance interval where they sorted that stuff out.

It's reasonable to presume that this bug had some knock-on effects which were chewing up important hardware resources.

good reasoning..
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrayel
No I was on until late Sunday, and also online early Monday afternoon just before the downtime. Early Monday afternoon I was experiencing disconnects. That leaves that specific patch/downtime that something was done, but I'm not seeing anywhere what significant change was put in place. I'm just saying something was done that was dramatic and it would be cool to know what that was. Just call me curious for details is all.
Yes.. there seams to be..

Sunday... servers taken down a few times.. lload times were horible. crashes..

I pulled down 2 patches sence then... one it got better but was still long loads..

this last patch this morning seams to really be working great.. monday afternoon i didnt have many problems.. But loads seam lots smoother today..

night and day from yesterda

Honestly... the only patch words i need to see... further optimzation... but then again i dont need to see, i know by playing..

thanks cryptic... nice work.. tonight will be the real test though
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Yeah,
It seemed much much better last night. I hope they have accounted for today's huge load.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Yes, very smooth. No rubberbanding.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miiru

You know that holds a lot of weight.

One other that has to be contributing if you multiply it by the numbers of players is that nasty feature of being yanked into a Deep Space Encounter with the enemies flying around Sector space. Wow, I hate that with a pation. I could honestly live with the game as-is if they'd just pull that one single feature out of this game. I want to have a choice if I want to do that or not! (deep breaths...)

Okay, not to digress into that, but I think it puts unnecessary load on the servers when people just exit them anyway because they didn't want to join it in the first place.