Lt. Commander
# 1 Question about STO from Steam
02-02-2010, 05:46 AM
I had the beta client installed on my PC. I then purchased the preorder from Steam. I used the key and attached it to my account to get the head start. I did not download the steam version of the client though. Do I eventually have to do this or can I somehow point Steam to my game directory? I'm just trying to avoid downloading the client again, but I want the game listed in steam.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 05:51 AM
steam will not recognize the client unless it has been downloaded through steam. You can add it as a non-steam game, but I am thinking that eventually, you should download via steam.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacerobot View Post
I had the beta client installed on my PC. I then purchased the preorder from Steam. I used the key and attached it to my account to get the head start. I did not download the steam version of the client though. Do I eventually have to do this or can I somehow point Steam to my game directory? I'm just trying to avoid downloading the client again, but I want the game listed in steam.
You do not have to load the Steam version of the game. just add the key they send you to your account and you will be fine. A key is a key, you will still get the pre-order items(they are attached to the key, not the client)
**edit*** sorry didn't catch the last part of your post, if you want the game listed in steam, then you can either just download their client, or there is an option to add a non-steam game to steam.