Empire Veteran
Some authors were wondering if we could get exploration to be the theme of the next challenge when it comes.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 2
01-09-2014, 01:28 PM
YES please to this. A hearty helping of hope that it happens.
May good management be with you.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
01-09-2014, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kortaag View Post
YES please to this. A hearty helping of hope that it happens.
Exploration! Yes! It has to be the next challenge!
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
01-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Yes. that would be great!
please cryptic. we foundry authors can make a great exploration mission.
Career Officer
# 5
01-09-2014, 05:44 PM
I am not an author, but, I am a player.

I would love to do an exploration mission. Especially if it has puzzles and mind games in it. All the shoot 'em up activity does get a little old.

I know a couple authors, ashvop chhhoooo... excuse me, that can really make their stories come alive.

An exploration by them would be incredible.
Plaque by Voporak
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Empire Veteran
# 6
01-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
I am not an author, but, I am a player.

I would love to do an exploration mission. Especially if it has puzzles and mind games in it. All the shoot 'em up activity does get a little old.

I know a couple authors, ashvop chhhoooo... excuse me, that can really make their stories come alive.

An exploration by them would be incredible.
The closest to "exploration' I will get is exploring the origins of my characters. Unless I can slot an exploration theme into one of my main series missions lol.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
Rihannsu
# 7
01-09-2014, 08:25 PM
One of the older challenges was like that. It wasn't strictly exploration. I think the hook was "Finding a discovery that will change the way you look at the stars forever." or something like that. It's not strictly exploration but very similar.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 8
01-09-2014, 11:52 PM
Exploration itself is the perfect theme in lieu of the pockets of possibility the season 8 expansion has to offer. Voyager carved into a long-saught aspect that TNG had only begun to satisfy. Let the herald of the delta quadrant sing true to an immense desire to explore, I say.
May good management be with you.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 9
01-10-2014, 02:05 PM
This is a theme I've considered, but is it really "exploration" when you're telling the player where to go to start the mission, the objectives, etc.? I bet there are ways to do this once in the mission, though! Is that along the lines of what you're thinking? I'm definitely open to the idea and look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
# 10
01-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
This is a theme I've considered, but is it really "exploration" when you're telling the player where to go to start the mission, the objectives, etc.? I bet there are ways to do this once in the mission, though! Is that along the lines of what you're thinking? I'm definitely open to the idea and look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Well, in the general sense of exploration, making there be multiple paths to an objective. Not just say, "go through this forest path and ignore the others." Adding stuff like bonus npcs, easter eggs etc.