Lt. Commander
# 1 Suggestion: PVP quickplay
02-02-2010, 06:02 AM
The most annoying issue I see in pvp currently is not faction balance, rather it is the matches that are started pre-emptively with unbalanced teams. I am not sure as to the source of this error, but I am guessing it's either non-response from queued players or queued players timing out/leaving. The remainder of the match can be quite a difficult/annoying grind for the team that is left shorthanded... if lucky, players will join the game eventually, but then there is the issue of joining a game that is already at 0/15 to 7/15.

I think a dedicated "Quickplay Space PvP" queue would help with the balancing. This queue would essentially be a pool of single players who do not care what map they are joining. Any match that has started recently and is unbalanced, could then draw from that pool of players to even out the teams.

This offers a mechanism to balance out these matches, and provides players with a queue which has a theoretically shorter wait time. You could even implement some sort of matchmaking function in this too, where if enough players are queued to start a new match.. it could be done also.

My 2 cents. What do you think?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Agreed

FED or KDF it doesn't matter...plenty of us from both sides have joined a map to find out we are outnumbered.

If you are KDF you wait cloaked for other KDF players while the FED write posts about cloak being overpowered. You end up fighting at some point because you are board, get beat by the FED, and head to the forums to post about the FED being overpowered with super gear.

If you are FED you get desimated by 5 BoP that come out of cloak (again heading to the forums) and that is no fun either.

Fix the PVP system, make matches balanced prior to starting, set a time limit, and get rid of those retarded warp rings.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 08:30 AM
I like the idea.

Incidentally, the problem with matches starting without full players, I believe, is this:
* You queue for 3 matches.
* You get into match A.
* You are still queued for matches B and C but you will not see the invites because you are already in a match.
* Matches B and C start with you on the roster and time out after 60 seconds of waiting for you to respond.
* Matches B and C invite the next person on the list, who may be in the same position.

Solution:
* The matchmaker needs to ignore people who are already in another match. Do not attempt to enlist them in a new match.
- or -
* Remove us from all queues once we get one of our queues to pop up.

I think that would eliminate 99% of the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
I like the idea.

Incidentally, the problem with matches starting without full players, I believe, is this:
* You queue for 3 matches.
* You get into match A.
* You are still queued for matches B and C but you will not see the invites because you are already in a match.
* Matches B and C start with you on the roster and time out after 60 seconds of waiting for you to respond.
* Matches B and C invite the next person on the list, who may be in the same position.

Solution:
* The matchmaker needs to ignore people who are already in another match. Do not attempt to enlist them in a new match.
- or -
* Remove us from all queues once we get one of our queues to pop up.

I think that would eliminate 99% of the problem.
Exactly...clean up the queue system and it will reduce queue wait time and improve matches.