Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Juel_Ducane

As many times as I have spammed energy siphon, I have never seen it have any effect on an enemies subsystems. I will have to better test it on a player for verification, but at a 25% chance I have not ever seen an enemy npc lose any subsystem abilities for 5secs ever.

If you have come to the forums to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet
Captain
# 2
01-09-2014, 07:09 PM
I have no idea about the effect on NPCs, but I can confirm it works on other players. My problem:

You slot one:
You disable 1 subsystem 25% of the time
You slot two:
You still disable 1 subsystem only 25% of the time
You slot 3:
You get the point, same as 1 and 2.

Now, the chance of all three NOT procing on separate rolls is about 42% (75%^3). So I should see it proc at least half the time with 3 doffs. If not that, then it should disable more than one system (up to 3) depending on how many you have slotted. This doff is broken and I've been complaining for a while about it here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=902991

Last edited by lucho80; 01-09-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Captain
# 3
01-09-2014, 07:10 PM
When it does appear, it will appear as a phaser proc. If you're using phasers then you might not notice it.

Harden up Princess
Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
www.ausmonauts.com
Captain
# 4
01-09-2014, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagrom7 View Post
When it does appear, it will appear as a phaser proc. If you're using phasers then you might not notice it.
I use romulan plasma, and everytime I use this skill w/doff on enemies it shows the siphon symbol, but has never once shown a phaser subsystem (or for that matter any subsystem attack symbol) proc. If it does in fact work out of all the countless times I have used it, the only thing it possibly knocked out is their aux or wp. Yes I do monitor every buff, and debuff applied to my tested enemies and not once have I ever seen it apply a debuff to npc's. At 25% chance it should proc fairly often!!! As of yet I have not tested it on pc's, so I will have to take your word till I can.

If you have come to the forums to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.

Last edited by shadowwraith77; 01-10-2014 at 09:01 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
01-10-2014, 04:10 AM
I use Juel Ducane and he works.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
01-10-2014, 08:13 AM
I and a friend both slotted three of these doffs and spent a considerable amount of time trading energy syphons when it was still new.

We have not slotted him since because the success rate with three was less then 20%. And out of many many roles more then one subsystem was disabled only once.

Something was certainly wrong with this doff when it was released. That was a while ago but I doubt it's changed.
Captain
# 7
01-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Ok after repetitive uses it finally showed its ugly head that it does work on npc's, however I will add after some 50 uses it only proc 4 times giving what I would say is more on the grounds of a 5% chance of proc a subsystem offline chance, and not the 25% stated.

EDIT: Also noted it also seem useless when used against most npc's due to most of the time it occurs they simply clear it with an emerg2Xsystem to fix it.

Last edited by shadowwraith77; 01-12-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Career Officer
# 8
01-11-2014, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwstolemyname View Post
I and a friend both slotted three of these doffs and spent a considerable amount of time trading energy syphons when it was still new.

We have not slotted him since because the success rate with three was less then 20%. And out of many many roles more then one subsystem was disabled only once.

Something was certainly wrong with this doff when it was released. That was a while ago but I doubt it's changed.

I wonder if they get in each others way? As in, if you have one, only they need to proc, but if you have three, all three need to proc in order for the effect to happen?