Lt. Commander
I understand MMOs have launch issues, bugs etc....

This is my first MMO launch experience, but I have played other MMOs.

The game looks OK, not great but that is down to my hardware. Although I would have thought a 8600 would run the game a bit better that it is. All my system specs (except gfx card) meet recommend.

A few mates have canceled their pre-orders, due to the "state" of the game. We all know that it will get fixed, at some point. Right now with RL I have limited time to play the game and since HeadStart the "unexpected" downtimes have interfered with my gameplay. Yes these will become less frequent through out the weeks.

The game seems unfinished, lacking content. I have not got as far in Headstart as I did in on OB but speaking to others and reading on the forum not much has changed. With the "sprung" C-Store options and the debacle of CO about content I have little confidence in Cryptic providing the game that they specified sometime ago.

Like most MMOs there is too much "Go here, kill that" rinse and repeated.

PvP is fun, till the point of..."Whats the point?" Go kill/die rinse and repeat for Skill points.

In a way thanks for OB and headstart, it helped my keep my cash for something else. I will keep an eye out on the forum from time to time, and if thee reviews/thoughts of other in a few months time are better then I will most likely be back. So this isn't "hahaha so long suckers" its more of "Get the game fixed and I'll be back"

Good luck Cryptic!!

Note: I quit wow after 5 weeks of play 2 years ago. I played lotr trial and never bought. CO trial and never bought. Many F2P MMOs for a few days. Eve-Online for 3 years (then I realised it was "work hard for a week, lose it in minutes" type game plus grind grind grind grind fun grind grind grind)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 06:25 AM
So you've played the best MMOs on the market..the best..then come here and complain that this isn't something new?

Please. The MMO formula works, but if you don't like it, there's nothing any company can do for you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo2008jedi
I understand MMOs have launch issues, bugs etc....

The game looks OK, not great but that is down to my hardware. Although I would have thought a 8600 would run the game a bit better that it is. All my system specs (except gfx card) meet recommend.

A few mates have canceled their pre-orders, due to the "state" of the game. We all know that it will get fixed, at some point. Right now with RL I have limited time to play the game and since HeadStart the "unexpected" downtimes have interfered with my gameplay. Yes these will become less frequent through out the weeks.

The game seems unfinished, lacking content. I have not got as far in Headstart as I did in on OB but speaking to others and reading on the forum not much has changed. With the "sprung" C-Store options and the debacle of CO about content I have little confidence in Cryptic providing the game that they specified sometime ago.

Like most MMOs there is too much "Go here, kill that" rinse and repeated.

PvP is fun, till the point of..."Whats the point?" Go kill/die rinse and repeat for Skill points.

In a way thanks for OB and headstart, it helped my keep my cash for something else. I will keep an eye out on the forum from time to time, and if thee reviews/thoughts of other in a few months time are better then I will most likely be back. So this isn't "hahaha so long suckers" its more of "Get the game fixed and I'll be back"

Good luck Cryptic!!

Note: I quit wow after 5 weeks of play 2 years ago. I played lotr trial and never bought. CO trial and never bought. Many F2P MMOs for a few days. Eve-Online for 3 years (then I realised it was "work hard for a week, lose it in minutes" type game plus grind grind grind grind fun grind grind grind)
So then you are quitting all MMO's then? Just curious.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 06:28 AM
It sounds like you just don't like MMOs.

A valid complaint, mind you, but an issue you should have perhaps resolved years ago.

They're all inherently based off the same model, being that of EQ. Which is based on MUDs and MUCKs, which are based basically on pen and paper games.

For that matter, do you play many single player RPGs? They also follow the "run around and level up till you can move on" model.

Not a criticism, simply saying you may be better off staying from this genre of game completely in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 06:29 AM
Dont care, boring troll rehash not even worth replying to...

but I'm bored cause I'm in backorder hell with my DDE from Atari, so I can't start my Joined Trill yet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 06:29 AM
I mean this in the best possible way, but I really wouldn't bother coming back... Seriously, with your track record it's sounds like MMO's just aren't your thing, and doubt anything Cryptic does or doesn't do will make you enjoy this game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Nuff said. I could say that the majorty of MMO launches are like this, but I'd probably be wasting my breath.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 06:35 AM
And why are you online still? You're just typing to hear yourself type. Nothing is going to change...if you are leaving, it's cold out, please shut the door, don't stand there with it wide open!

Edit: I'm just typing to hear myself type too, but I'm not quitting, I'm giving a decent game a chance to get great.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 06:36 AM
Well if something doesn't work for you then it doesn't. If STO isn't doing enough for you in terms of giving you a better MMO experience and WoW even let you down, I wouldn't wager odds that there are a whole lot of games giving you satisfaction that transcends the traditional MMO experience.

Sad to see you go, especially when your 'I Quit' post was not venomous and hate filled as many that stomp off like a 2 year old on a meltdown and scream as they are typing their resignation posts. Sounds like you might check back in down the road and if you do, you hopefully will see something better than what you experienced previously.

Check out some other MMO coming on the horizon and see if they are the one that will lift your MMO experience out of the ordinary.

Good luck and see you out there somewhere SOON .
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalou02 View Post
And why are you online still? You're just typing to hear yourself type. Nothing is going to change...if you are leaving, it's cold out, please shut the door, don't stand there with it wide open!

Edit: I'm just typing to hear myself type too, but I'm not quitting, I'm giving a decent game a chance to get great.
Oh so f**king sorry I left my browser open!

STFU! Good-bye you are the weakest link!