Lt. Commander
# 1 The Briar Patch
02-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Is the entire instance meant to be sub-impulse speed? I can't go full impulse anywhere in there. It takes so long to go anywhere I just simply left it. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. If I recall, during OB, this was not the case. You could go full impulse as long as you didn't get into the nebular area where the enemies were, so you could actually skirt around the edges, then go in and take the turrets, go out, repeat.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Yes, the entire nebula is that way, and yes, it's a really long misison. Plan on burning most of a day on that one . . .
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 08:41 PM
uh.... not most of a day lol. Don't listen to exaggerators.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 08:44 PM
oh it's not that bad, use the speed power setting and use evasive maneuvering as available,
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 09:03 PM
why dont the gas clound kill stuff in there? they blow an hurt you but when i ewnt through it you couldnt blow clouds an get them to destroy enemies even if theyre sitting in the cloud :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Let me say this here and now... Briar Patch is the most tedious ******n mission I've ever played. The fact that the cosmic farts inside the nebula pose more of a threat than the Klingons is kind of laughable as well.

...**** the Briar Patch, man. **** it to Hades.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah7118
why dont the gas clound kill stuff in there? they blow an hurt you but when i ewnt through it you couldnt blow clouds an get them to destroy enemies even if theyre sitting in the cloud :p
You still can, you just have to time the explosion so that the enemies in question are within 4K of the center of the gas pocket - when I did the mission in OB I took out 4 fighters at once with one explosion, and took a K'T'inga down to 60% hull before I started firing at him. Just have to remember that the gas pockets don't touch shields. but affect hull directly.

Makes me REALLY wish for a true tacticak view, ala EvE's Tactical View, where you can see things in 3-D space. Would make it easier in that mission, to see where your enemy is REALLY at, rather than having to maje a judgment call based on how far away each thing is from your ship...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraA1 View Post
Yes, the entire nebula is that way, and yes, it's a really long misison. Plan on burning most of a day on that one . . .
I have to say I hate this mission. Poking along in that space is excrutiating. I think I'll just abandon it and move onto the next one.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 04:02 AM
I dont mind that fact that it's a long mission due to speed limitations. Some are way too fast as it is. Fortunatly I only battled one ship and it was the one at the end who was fleeing.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 04:07 AM
I guess I am a master of sub-impulse flight or something because all I do is closely skirt the gas from one of the sides and use the gas to help me kill the turrets and ships! It doesn't take that long if you use your head instead of lose it.