Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
I'm an admiral, I can't promote my bridge officers to Captain.

If it's lore reasons, or whatever, fine, they can all stay commanders.

My issue is, I have 9 points in photonic theory in order to get Photonic Shockwave 3, but I can't train it to any of my officers as it's an "Unknown node". Why is Photonic Shockwave 3 untrainable when I can train other rank 3 skills, that take up the Commander spot.

If this unknown node thing is a seperate issue than so be it, but as it stand now I still can't train it.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 08:53 PM
are you a science officer? Only science officer can train science skills...

it was laid out in the very first star base quest if you READ the text.

otherwise just bug it
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 08:58 PM
DAMNIT JIM, of course i'm a science officer. I already bugged it, I'm just checkin if it's only me tho.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 09:11 PM
What are you trying to train over? Unknown node typically means the ability you are trying to replace is broken (ie aceton field).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 09:12 PM
haha... just checking... cause we have some silly people that just exploit exp bugs or do pvp skill points farming all the way to admiral and then go... maybe I should train... oh what is that skill?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Im trying to train over photonic shockwave 2, but it won't let me train -any- of my science officers. They all have a variety of skills and are at Commander level.

I need that skill to do some hardcore science.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 11:43 PM
both spock and mr scott had the rank of captain in the later movies, and they were serving under kirk, who was also reduced to the rank of captain, so an admiral should be able to have a captain serving under them, even if they are only so in rank and not command.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Has nothing to do with lore and everything to do with "There are only 4 levels of bridge officer skills and stations"