Captain
# 41
01-18-2014, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwright View Post
Yep, that's Grant Imahara. Its kind of ironic that the guy who gets motion sick easily is driving the starship.
Well on mythbusters when he overloaded a cannon with gunpowder and it went through the house of my best friends neighbor and a car, all I can say is that I hope he doesn't do that with a photon torpedo while defending California. That was funny. And if they do a section of the show here the guy who plays Kirk kills a gorn with a bamboo cannon, Grant can just tell them that is impossible because he tested it on a mythbusters episode and the cannon exploded in the face of the crash test dummy that was supposed to be Kirk.
Career Officer
# 42
01-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandnaguszek1 View Post
Well on mythbusters when he overloaded a cannon with gunpowder and it went through the house of my best friends neighbor and a car, all I can say is that I hope he doesn't do that with a photon torpedo while defending California. That was funny. And if they do a section of the show here the guy who plays Kirk kills a gorn with a bamboo cannon, Grant can just tell them that is impossible because he tested it on a mythbusters episode and the cannon exploded in the face of the crash test dummy that was supposed to be Kirk.
off topic a little.

i read up that it was in 2011 and it went through several windows, the roof of a house and landed in a mobile home/caravan rv or whatever its called. apparently the mythbusters team and production were so unhappy with what they did to everyone else in the area they did some community events about the show and several apologies to cover the extent of their cannonball mistake, all under the supervision of the local sheriff's office. the team moved elsewhere i found out to a far more remote area to test what ever they were doing.

anyways, if whats what happened to the dummy about the cannon, i was not surprised. bamboo is not strong enough to launch such hard projectiles anyways.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Career Officer
# 43
01-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Back on topic of a show, I'd at least like to see a mniseries releasd around the time of the 50th Anniversary. Something that involves all the eras of the original Trek, either through time travel or a plot that spans all three.