Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theline View Post
Ok, so firstly, sorry if this question has been asked 1000 times, but I had a look and can't find the answer.

I ordered a downloadable purchase from gamesplanet last week, played the headstart. I got my product key in an email this morning, FINALLY found the link to activate the game (the main page lol.. last place I looked).

Once I enter the key it takes me straight to a subscription page, it states '30 days free' but there is not an option to proceed without paying for a further subscription.

So I just left the page thinking maybe that was it activated.. but I still dont have my 500 c-store points.

So... do I need to subscribe an additional month before I get my points?
you have to set up the subscription but don't pay until your free month is up, it works that way for most MMOs
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 07:07 AM
From the ones I have seen (just generally, not at launch) - you buy a retail copy, use that key for your 30 days, then you enter your payment details once those 30 days are up.

Anyway - I went through with it and cancelled the sub, it seems to be fine, but I think it's lame that they force you to give billing details and are very "cryptic" about why and that t's possible to cancel.

So... I'm activated now... but I don't have my C-points. Does anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 07:09 AM
it dosent charge the first 30 days if you enter Visa and other card in the billing. If you are unable to use one of those cards supported to subscribe, i guess you have to wait untill GTC comes in the store for you.

Here in sweden we have GTC in the store togheter with the games, many here buy GTC same time when buying the game box.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theline View Post
So you haven't tried it?

Apologies, but this is only the second time I have played an MMO on launch, and the first one I played.. I was never forced to enter my payment details.]

So no, every mmo does not work this way.
man your stubborn

you will be charged 1 buck to make sure the CC info is valid, you won't be charged again for 30 days, and not at all if you cancel, I have tried it..on this game and the other like 10 MMOs I've ever played. In fact hearing that some MMOs aren't doing it this way anymore comes as more of a surprise then STO doing it this way.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 07:11 AM
It says with the purchase of the game "a credit card is required to play".... so you have to enter your info to play. Every mmo does not state that, usually "subscription fees apply'.

But this game does require it... so to play you must enter your credit card or gamecard code.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icedeathboy
it dosent charge the first 30 days if you enter Visa and other card in the billing. If you are unable to use one of those cards supported to subscribe, i guess you have to wait untill GTC comes in the store for you.

Here in sweden we have GTC in the store togheter with the games, many here buy GTC same time when buying the game box.
You mean a GTC that you pay for the moment you get it? As opposed to credit card, which won't be charged until the 30 days are up, meaning you could cancel without getting charged?

Does anyone else see the problem here?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiovaeden View Post
It says with the purchase of the game "a credit card is required to play".... so you have to enter your info to play. Every mmo does not state that, usually "subscription fees apply'.

But this game does require it... so to play you must enter your credit card or gamecard code.
Correct! Here is the winner
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 07:15 AM
its not like you can enter a GTC code and then take it back and sell back to the store.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiovaeden View Post

Excuse me, but where does it say so? It doesn't say so on the subscription page nor at the retail box itself - just that 30 days are included. Well, up my arse, they aren't.
I don't have a credit card or a PayPal account. Even if I had, I wouldn't use them for payment because amazon's GTC are cheaper. So now I can't use my 30 days which I paid for unless I buy a 60 day GTC from amazon for 27. This is brilliant. Just F'ING brilliant.

And no, this is not something that MMOs just do. It's not. Stop lying.