Lt. Commander
# 1 A word of Caution to devs
02-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Dear Devs of STO

Ive started seeing a worrying trend on the forums in IRC and in game for people QQing Crying and Griefing whenever they die in battle they protest that the other guy in some way had some kind of unfair advantage.

This kind of thinking is then spread to the forums where people protest and complain until they get what they want. Ive seen it in other games and the last 2 MMO ive played were ruiend because of this small community that like to think they own the game and try to make it into a joke.

I hope the Devs of STO will see through NERF calling at what is realy Frustration from players at loosing a fight or not knowing the best tactic to beat another class etc

We all win we all loose thats the nature of playing PVP.

some people excpet thier Career and there ship setup to beat all other players in any situation and if they dont they cry for nerfs and make demands.

PLS STO Devs keep a level and clear head about game balance this is not or job to make changes its the STO dev team and i pay a sub for a balanced game and i put my trust in your hands

Please dont let this game go to the wall like other mmo's

thank you

(Inc flames)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocoder
Dear Devs of STO

Ive started seeing a worrying trend on the forums in IRC and in game for people QQing Crying and Griefing whenever they die in battle they protest that the other guy in some way had some kind of unfair advantage.

This kind of thinking is then spread to the forums where people protest and complain until they get what they want. Ive seen it in other games and the last 2 MMO ive played were ruiend because of this small community that like to think they own the game and try to make it into a joke.

I hope the Devs of STO will see through NERF calling at what is realy Frustration from players at loosing a fight or not knowing the best tactic to beat another class etc

We all win we all loose thats the nature of playing PVP.

some people excpet thier Career and there ship setup to beat all other players in any situation and if they dont they cry for nerfs and make demands.

PLS STO Devs keep a level and clear head about game balance this is not or job to make changes its the STO dev team and i pay a sub for a balanced game and i put my trust in your hands

Please dont let this game go to the wall like other mmo's

thank you

(Inc flames)

I'll back this up and I'll just say this one thing and try to keep it short.

I read in a thread, posted to by a "Dev", that "WE" asked to have the logon queue implemented. I for one didn't ask for it. Many, and I mean MANY players screamed at you over it. I don't recall seeing the thread asking for it and it sure didn't contain the majority of the player base or it would have been a LOT more prevalent.

So, yes, keep a VERY level head and don't make snap decisions. Ensure what you do is balanced, which I'm sure you will do without even mentioning it. But, alas, the fear is there as other MMOs have not done this well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 06:58 AM
There are no nerfs needed, only looking at certain aspects of the game

IE the Great Farmed Crystalline entity, by far the easiest Fleet action to do, thus the most farmed Fleet action
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 07:02 AM
its not that they are needed its that there is a community of players that call for them and for some reason the mmo's ive played submit to there will and it ruins the game.

Nerf calling should be banned on the forums
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 07:03 AM
I agree with most of this, but it has to be said -- holds need to be removed from PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
I agree with most of this, but it has to be said -- holds need to be removed from PvP.
Holds can be broken
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Holds can be broken
Yes, I am aware. Doesn't change the fact that they're an absolute joke.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Cryptic has been known to bring the nerf bat high and hard. But in my experience they only do it to really over-powered/ broken skills.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 07:14 AM
i suppose if they change one ability it effects both sides?
as i mean both sides have the exact same attacks and abilities to use?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Quote:
i suppose if they change one ability it effects both sides?
as i mean both sides have the exact same attacks and abilities to use?
well.... thats what I have been laughing about. I dont get the nerf calling. We have the same weapons and abilities. So a special here and there might need tweaking but there is little else to "balance"

Also to add is that many players just dont know enough to even comment objectively. Case in point a guy *****ing about BoPs having combat impulse when its just the guy using skills EVERYONE has.

And to the guy saving he trusts cryptic... L. O. L. . maybe there is a reason CoX only has a small loyal group of fans....or that people change builds more than underwear.