Lt. Commander
# 1 about death penalties
02-02-2010, 07:01 AM
I like the current death penalty setup with killing off the crew. Guess what, another penalty is when you die, the ships you were attacking get auto regenerated back to 100 percent health. There have been countless times I get a mission where I have to beat a dreadnought, or a flagship....or even just a step down from that....where I would die and have to start it all back over again, and again, and again.

That alone is a good penalty to me....there is no more rushing back before they get healed up again like in CoX. Which to me made it alittle easy. The death penalty is turned on....so stop trying to make this game unplayable. With the amount of times you get ganked and ganged up by bad guys in STO, it's amazing people don't get blowed up more than they do. Especially when you play solo like me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 07:03 AM
Seconded. If I typed fast enough.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 07:05 AM
There is no death penalty.

Your crew dont die, they are replenished almost immediately.

At one point i had nearly all Grey/dead crew. It took it less than 2 minutes for them to respawn and make many babies and have full crew.

If Cryptic would make it so that dead crew can -not- respawn without visiting a starbase, and increase the amount of wounded, lessening crew that die (excpet when ship blown up) that would be perfect =/
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Also PvE is so ridiculously easy now that it is nearly impossible to die....
Lt. Commander
# 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunami View Post

At one point i had nearly all Grey/dead crew. It took it less than 2 minutes for them to respawn and make many babies and have full crew.

If Cryptic would make it so that dead crew can -not- respawn without visiting a starbase, and increase the amount of wounded, lessening crew that die (excpet when ship blown up) that would be perfect =/
Agree completely.
Lt. Commander
# 6
Indeed. It would be perfect and realistic, and everyone would shut up.

As it stands, there is -NO- death penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunami View Post

The death penalty is on...you did have to wait that 2 minutes for the crew to respawn, and in that time your ship wasn't healed up fully. MMO Death penalties are just waiting games in some form or fashion. CoX, took longer to level, Eve....have to retrain what skills you lost, and mine or something to buy a replacement ship. And those are just small examples.
Lt. Commander
# 8
shhh adults are talking. if you make it to easy were is the challenge? Death is to easy to recover from. 2 mins down time? seriously? So Zerg is the answer??

Thats not fun at all.
Lt. Commander
# 9
I did see now disadvantage through lost crew, so you dont have to wait currentl, i think hull repair is slowed down but after respawn you have 100% so there is no death penality (or i have no idea what im talking about with the crew disadvanges ).
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 07:09 AM
Cryptic said, at some point in CB, that if people could find a "realistic"/"cannon" way to make a better crafting system, they'd consider it, because they are all for trying to make it plausible.

I nodded my head and agreed, I'd rather have something that fit into the game and didn't feel out of place. Now, if the federation is using tribbles, or GM crew, to replenish crew, I can understand the sudden breading aboard a ship that is losing crew. Otherwise, I wanna know how my crew, can make babies so fast, and find the time to, during an emergency.