Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunami View Post
There is no death penalty.

Your crew dont die, they are replenished almost immediately.

At one point i had nearly all Grey/dead crew. It took it less than 2 minutes for them to respawn and make many babies and have full crew.

If Cryptic would make it so that dead crew can -not- respawn without visiting a starbase, and increase the amount of wounded, lessening crew that die (excpet when ship blown up) that would be perfect =/
This is a good idea to consider.

When I died during the Ambassador mission fighting against a big ship against which I had to hold on 1 minutes, the counter went on and on. I could have removed my shield and died 5 times and I would still have been saved, nothing would've happened even if my ship EXPLODED! When I redid the mission on live, I wasn't stressed at all knowing nothing could happen to me.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Also, keep in mind, this is just the core game. No balancing, no nothing but the same old repetitive boring combat you have seen in all Cryptic games. They will be adding the expansions and more patches in the future to get the game further balanced out and more cool things to do. Yes, the combat is uber easy...just be patient and they will balance it out.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 08:11 AM
I agree with the OP. More often than not I am playing solo. I am thoroughly enjoying the game so far. Death penalties that would cause you to have to go back to base and come back in order to fulfill a mission would just suck.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLEdelen View Post
The death penalty is on...you did have to wait that 2 minutes for the crew to respawn, and in that time your ship wasn't healed up fully. MMO Death penalties are just waiting games in some form or fashion. CoX, took longer to level, Eve....have to retrain what skills you lost, and mine or something to buy a replacement ship. And those are just small examples.
there is no death penalty. period.

in eve you lose no skills unless you fly tech 3 ships. even then the skill loss is only the tech 3 skills for that specific ship.

the penalty for losing your ship in eve, is just that. you lose the ship and the modules. insurance helps though.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 08:12 AM
To add any sense of achievement or advancement to the game, there really needs to be a proper Death Penalty.

No crew death is not good enough since they have a mass orgy onboard and then the good doctor genetically speeds up their development to adulthood. Within minutes you have a full compliment of crew again without going back to a Starbase.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
There is no death penalty.

Your crew dont die, they are replenished almost immediately.

At one point i had nearly all Grey/dead crew. It took it less than 2 minutes for them to respawn and make many babies and have full crew.

If Cryptic would make it so that dead crew can -not- respawn without visiting a starbase, and increase the amount of wounded, lessening crew that die (excpet when ship blown up) that would be perfect =/
This is a bad idea, it already takes forever to get ANYWHERE. To have to run to a starbase everytime you die to replenish your crew would be insane. You'd spend all your time not playing the game, just running back and forth between mission and starbase and back to your mission.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLEdelen View Post
Also, keep in mind, this is just the core game. No balancing, no nothing but the same old repetitive boring combat you have seen in all Cryptic games. They will be adding the expansions and more patches in the future to get the game further balanced out and more cool things to do. Yes, the combat is uber easy...just be patient and they will balance it out.
thats the ticket, release a bland, simple combat system with no depth, then release the depth later in an expansion and make people pay for it!

im all for new content and lvls in an expansion, but not CORE combat and balance that should be in the game in the first place. evolution of the game and combat is one thing, but completing something that should have been finished in the first place is another.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 08:16 AM
honestly I'm in favor of a little more DP..

I like the crew idea since it makes it a bit more immersive.. if the ship takes enough of a hammering then people go boom, so as captain it's your job to make sure that doesn't happen. Considering the difficulty was toned down *greatly* in beta and now dying is pretty hard to do (at least in PVE I don't PVP) then a little DP for it is fine.

Just last night I was taking on quite a few +4 targets and doing fine.. had to actually work for my wins when I was outmatched 3 to 1 (which made it awesome) but given that it takes two or three +4 targets to even make a cruiser break a sweat it just drives home the point that you won't see the DP very often.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Indeed. It would be perfect and realistic, and everyone would shut up.

As it stands, there is -NO- death penalty.
Agreed.

And there needs to be risks, there needs to be danger and fear to make the glory better.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
Cryptic said, at some point in CB, that if people could find a "realistic"/"cannon" way to make a better crafting system, they'd consider it, because they are all for trying to make it plausible.

I nodded my head and agreed, I'd rather have something that fit into the game and didn't feel out of place. Now, if the federation is using tribbles, or GM crew, to replenish crew, I can understand the sudden breading aboard a ship that is losing crew. Otherwise, I wanna know how my crew, can make babies so fast, and find the time to, during an emergency.
I suppose the question is not so much "how do they breed so fast?", and more "How do they grow to maturity, attent acadamy courses, and get a posting so fast?"

Still, yes. I agree that it would make it more interesting if the dead crew could only be recovered by transwarping to a starbase, or contact with a runabout, or something