Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 21
01-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Oh I have 3 more mashups to ad, and I love that people are getting into the spirit of this post.

Next I give you:

1. X-Men (Current members) vs Legion of Doom (Justice League Unlimited)

2. Jean Grey (The Phoenix) vs Black Adam

3. Catwoman vs Punisher
Rihannsu
# 22
01-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwing43 View Post
Oh I have 3 more mashups to ad, and I love that people are getting into the spirit of this post.

Next I give you:

1. X-Men (Current members) vs Legion of Doom (Justice League Unlimited)

2. Jean Grey (The Phoenix) vs Black Adam

3. Catwoman vs Punisher
1: Umm... I'll give it to Doom just for the sheer number of near-Kryptonians.

2: Depends on if you play it so that Teth-Adam's mystic invulnerability protects him from mental manipulation.

3: In what a drinking contest? The only reason they'd fight is if he caught her stealing something.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 23
01-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
2: Depends on if you play it so that Teth-Adam's mystic invulnerability protects him from mental manipulation.
And the extent of that invulnerability. Recall that the Phoenix once ate a sun because she was a little hungry - after creating a spacewarp from the Milky Way galaxy to the home systems of the Shi'ar Empire.

And now I'm trying to recall the membership of the JLU Legion. I seem to recall that version had been founded by Vandal Savage, but the only member I can recall offhand was Cheetah.
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Rihannsu
# 24
01-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
And the extent of that invulnerability. Recall that the Phoenix once ate a sun because she was a little hungry - after creating a spacewarp from the Milky Way galaxy to the home systems of the Shi'ar Empire.

And now I'm trying to recall the membership of the JLU Legion. I seem to recall that version had been founded by Vandal Savage, but the only member I can recall offhand was Cheetah.
Well... Teth-Adam can take a punch from Superman that would "crack a small moon in half" soo... maybe?

Behold the mighty Legion of Doom... erm technically it's the Secret Society of Supervillains.

Angle Man, Atomic Skull, Bizarro, Black Mass, Blockbuster, Bloodsport, Cheetah, Copperhead, Crowbar, Devil Ray, Dr. Cyber, Dr. Destiny, Dr. Polaris, Dr. Spectro, Dummy, The Electrocutioner, Evil Star, Fastball, Giganta, Gentleman Ghost, Goldface, Grodd, Heatwave, Hellgrammite, Javelin, The Key, KGBeast, Killer Frost, Lady Lunar, Lex Luthor, Livewire, Major Disaster, Merlyn, Metallo, Mirror Master, The Monocle, Neutron, Nightfall, Parasite, Psycho-Pirate, The Puppeteer, The Puzzler, Queen Bee, Rampage, The Shade, The Shark, Silver Banshee, Sinestro, Sonar, Star Sapphire, Tala, The Tattooed Man, The Thinker, The Top, Toyman, Tsukuri, Volcana, Weather Wizard, that's 58 supervillains.... Hope you've got backup...

Sure, not all of them are awesome, but... I'd expect any of them to be able to at least give the Punisher a run for his money. You could probably assemble a list of 58 characters that have been Xmen at one time or another though. But... How many of those have the power to take on Sinestro, Star Sapphire, or Bizarro? Not many..
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 25
01-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Well... Teth-Adam can take a punch from Superman that would "crack a small moon in half" soo... maybe?

Behold the mighty Legion of Doom... erm technically it's the Secret Society of Supervillains.

Angle Man, Atomic Skull, Bizarro, Black Mass, Blockbuster, Bloodsport, Cheetah, Copperhead, Crowbar, Devil Ray, Dr. Cyber, Dr. Destiny, Dr. Polaris, Dr. Spectro, Dummy, The Electrocutioner, Evil Star, Fastball, Giganta, Gentleman Ghost, Goldface, Grodd, Heatwave, Hellgrammite, Javelin, The Key, KGBeast, Killer Frost, Lady Lunar, Lex Luthor, Livewire, Major Disaster, Merlyn, Metallo, Mirror Master, The Monocle, Neutron, Nightfall, Parasite, Psycho-Pirate, The Puppeteer, The Puzzler, Queen Bee, Rampage, The Shade, The Shark, Silver Banshee, Sinestro, Sonar, Star Sapphire, Tala, The Tattooed Man, The Thinker, The Top, Toyman, Tsukuri, Volcana, Weather Wizard, that's 58 supervillains.... Hope you've got backup...

Sure, not all of them are awesome, but... I'd expect any of them to be able to at least give the Punisher a run for his money. You could probably assemble a list of 58 characters that have been Xmen at one time or another though. But... How many of those have the power to take on Sinestro, Star Sapphire, or Bizarro? Not many..
Wolverine has the greatest power of all - he's a fracking Mary Sue, and the writers have a real hard-on for him. Nothing is ever allowed to defeat him. For crying out loud, there was one issue where he got blown up by Nitro (at Nitro's new power level - the one that destroyed most of Stamford, CT, when the New Warriors tried to arrest him), and in a matter of a few panels, he got better.

So as long as the book's being written by someone from Marvel, Wolvie gets to beat them all.
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Rihannsu
# 26
01-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Wolverine has the greatest power of all - he's a fracking Mary Sue, and the writers have a real hard-on for him. Nothing is ever allowed to defeat him. For crying out loud, there was one issue where he got blown up by Nitro (at Nitro's new power level - the one that destroyed most of Stamford, CT, when the New Warriors tried to arrest him), and in a matter of a few panels, he got better.

So as long as the book's being written by someone from Marvel, Wolvie gets to beat them all.
Lol, maybe, but... if written by a DC writer.... you could simply have Doctor Destiny use his telepathic power to force Wolverine to fall into an endless nightmare... Or have someone like Dr. Polaris or Sinestro entomb him in steel. Regeneration doesn't help if you can't move.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 27
01-12-2014, 06:16 PM
I just hope Bob Harras doesn't see this thread...
Rihannsu
# 28
01-12-2014, 06:17 PM
why? do you think he'd actually write his own take on it?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 29
01-12-2014, 06:20 PM
he would sue PWE for this, or would enslave some newcomer writers and dictate them what they must write
Rihannsu
# 30
01-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Nah... he knows better than to quash fan speculation.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!