Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 31
01-12-2014, 05:27 PM
he finds a way..

this guy must be the most feared and hated Editor. Quesada learnt well from him...
Career Officer
# 32
01-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Wolverine has the greatest power of all - he's a fracking Mary Sue, and the writers have a real hard-on for him. Nothing is ever allowed to defeat him. For crying out loud, there was one issue where he got blown up by Nitro (at Nitro's new power level - the one that destroyed most of Stamford, CT, when the New Warriors tried to arrest him), and in a matter of a few panels, he got better.

So as long as the book's being written by someone from Marvel, Wolvie gets to beat them all.
Wolverines dies in the future, a Sentinel blasts him and his smoking metal skeleton falls to the ground. I still have the comic. Forge then takes the skeleton and makes a cyborg called Albert if i remember right.

I think Punisher was the one that got to beat everyone, in a What If comic he takes out every villain and super hero in marvel :O
How Picard dealt with ARC_STO Feedback_ARC Wars time capsule
Captain
# 33
01-12-2014, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catstarsto View Post
Wolverines dies in the future, a Sentinel blasts him and his smoking metal skeleton falls to the ground. I still have the comic. Forge then takes the skeleton and makes a cyborg called Albert if i remember right.

I think Punisher was the one that got to beat everyone, in a What If comic he takes out every villain and super hero in marvel :O
Albert was created by Donald Pierce, a Reaver.

But you were half-way right: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotli...to=237&page=26
Career Officer
# 34
01-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmanfred View Post
Albert was created by Donald Pierce, a Reaver.

But you were half-way right: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotli...to=237&page=26

...wow, theres lots of stuff on this website :O
Career Officer
# 35
01-12-2014, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwing43 View Post
Oh I have 3 more mashups to ad, and I love that people are getting into the spirit of this post.

Next I give you:

1. X-Men (Current members) vs Legion of Doom (Justice League Unlimited)

2. Jean Grey (The Phoenix) vs Black Adam

3. Catwoman vs Punisher

1:Given the line up and attitudes of the current teams, plus LOD having bizzaro superman, the supervillains would obliterate them.

2: Phoenix is a cosmic force that even Galactus shys away from, black adam lost to shazzam and superman. Even if he managed to defeat her in battle, she would come back ...AGAIN, as dark phoenix and take out another universe, most likely with him in it.

3: Punisher! hes batman with guns.

I have a star trek one for u, just a sto fans opinion...

1: CatStar vs Batman

2: Franklin Drake vs Corbin Dallas

3: Kayless vs Captain America

Last edited by catstarsto; 01-12-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Captain
# 36
01-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catstarsto View Post
1:Given the line up and attitudes of the current teams, plus LOD having bizzaro superman, the supervillains would obliterate them.
I've not been following current lineups. I take it Phoenix is not currently with the X-men, 'cause she'd munch Bizarro. Maybe if the X-men teamed with the Shi'ar imperial guard? The guy with the mohawk, Gladiator, looked like he could take on a Kryptonian. Of course, my info dates back 20 years, so things may have changed.
Career Officer
# 37
01-12-2014, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwright View Post
I've not been following current lineups. I take it Phoenix is not currently with the X-men, 'cause she'd munch Bizarro. Maybe if the X-men teamed with the Shi'ar imperial guard? The guy with the mohawk, Gladiator, looked like he could take on a Kryptonian. Of course, my info dates back 20 years, so things may have changed.
I actually gave up on xmen some time back when most of them left and wolverine lost his adamantium.

They drew them to look dark and depressing, like a conan novel cover. They also began to talk about their feelings all the time. ...groan, someone fight a sentinel or something, whats with the long walks and self help therapy? =O.o=

Now if you brought back the xmen team from the Jim Lee's special cover variant times , then yes, LOD would get their tails handed to them, but last i seen there was around 6 xmen left and all they did was pout. By now i figure the Blackbird is on blocks and the villains drop by to put some money in their cups as they pass by, not having the heart to attack them anymore...they have it bad enough. XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU6eTVZUWJg

Yeah the imperial guard was a mean bunch, it took phoenix to whip Gladiator their leader with the cape. I bet that would have been a good fight with him and superman!

Last edited by catstarsto; 01-12-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Career Officer
# 38
01-12-2014, 09:24 PM
#1 Hulk vs Doomsday - Doomsday is stronger, faster, and tougher initially, however the Hulk has the regeneration factor that would keep him in the fight long enough to get mad enough to eventually smash Doomsday, and possibly break the world in the process. Doomsday potentially has upper limits, Hulk's have never been measured. It would end with the world though.

#2 Wolverine vs Solomon Grundy - Much as I don't care for Wolverine as a character, Grundy doesn't have nearly enough resistance to survive the scratchiness of Wolvies claws.

#3 Ironman vs Lex Luthor - I'd LOVE to see this as a comic book. Two genius inventors with vast wealth battling on every level! I'd give it to Luthor though, he's on a similar level as an inventor, but a whole other level in business. The closest they've had to Luthor in Marvel was the comic book version of Obadiah Stane who drove Tony into the bottle and took away everything that mattered to him. The 80's were good like that in Marvel.

#4 Spiderman vs The Joker - Spiderman, Joker would lose it once the insults started flying, ala "Batman Bayond: The Return of the Joker".

#5 Thor vs Darkseid - Tough call. Of all the Marvel heroes, Thor seems to have a really high fluctuation of power level. I'd say the modern Thor would give a good fight, but Darkseid would win.

#6 Superman vs Galactus - Fully fed I'd say Galactus, but if he's weak like when he first came to Earth, than Supes could have stopped him. When the Big Blue met the Silver Surfer they were of a comparable power.

#7 Batman vs Kingpin - I thought this comic was called Daredevil? Seriously though, this would make a great comic book if there was a villain capable of not being a complete screw up to fight Batman. Look at his rogues gallery: All completely unstable people. A villain who is the image of a good guy, philanthropist, upstanding businessman, who had the ability to keep that facade while controlling crime in a major city? How does the Batman counter that?

#8 Green Lantern vs Magneto - Given the nature of their powers, I'd have to say endurance would matter since both sides would have strong offensive and defensive powers and abilities. Ultimately though I think Magneto would win due to the fact the Ring Slingers are still human and he would be more than just willing to kill them while they would try to find ways of just stopping him.

#9 Wonder Woman vs Venom - Wonder Woman. Physically she's vastly superior to any of the Venoms that have been in the comics. She also has an indomitable spirit which would make it so the Symbiote would be incapable of taking her over. However she would make an awesome Venom!

#10 The Flash vs Dr. Doom - Wally West is the Fastest Man to have ever existed. Barry Allen can do no better than a tie in a race. Not sure a story that would pit Doom against ANY Flash, but ultimately I think Doom would win just because there isn't much Flash could do to him, and he's more than capable of outsmarting any Flash.

1. X-Men (Current members) vs Legion of Doom (Justice League Unlimited) - Legion of Doom would slaughter the X-Men. It wouldn't be much of a battle.

2. Jean Grey (The Phoenix) vs Black Adam - Jean Grey would be ripped in half by Black Adam, however The Phoenix would would treat him like a cat treats a mouse.

3. Catwoman vs Punisher - I'm sure Catwoman, with her whip, and acrobatics, would be a threat or challenge to most regular people, but to a guy like the Punisher, who has no powers and relies on weaponry and kill shots, I doubt she'd stand much of a chance.

Last edited by joshglass; 01-13-2014 at 01:33 AM.
Rihannsu
# 39
01-12-2014, 11:05 PM
I'll run down the stats on the Legion of Doom.

-=-Bricks: (people who tend to rely on brute force)
Bizarro, twisted Kryptonian
Black Mass, super strong, super tough
Blockbuster, super strong
Giganta, size changing powers, incredible strength
Hellgrammite, super strong, fast, tough. and under certain conditions can make others into his minions
Metallo, Cyborg with extreme strength and durability, and the ability to fire Kryptonite energy rays
Rampage, strong enough and tough enough to almost win a fist fight with a Kryptonian
The Shark, brawler with the ability to make himself larger, usually stays under 12 feet, but gets stronger as he gets larger, amphibian physiology

-=-Fighters: (people who rely more on combat skills)
Bloodsport, baseline human with hand to hand combat expertise and advanced weapons
Cheetah, enhanced speed, reflexes, strength, and durability
Copperhead, enhanced strength, etc... also enhanced flexibility
Crowbar, wields a mystically empowered crowbar that acts as a melee weapon or can fire energy blasts
The Electrocutioner, martial arts skill, and the ability to fire blasts of electricity
Goldface, gold touch, gold themed weapons
KGBeast, enhanced strength, bionic gun on left arm
Parasite, can drain the powers of others by touch and absorb their memories temporarily (a lot like Rogue)
The Puzzler, annoying trickster who is kinda like a knock-off of the Riddler
The Shade, in addition to hand to hand combat skills he wields a cane that lets him manipulate shadows
The Tattooed Man, can make his tattoos turn into energy constructs, such as melee weapons... or a dragon.
The Top, super speed, top themed gadgets
Tsukuri, wields a mystic katana that can cut almost anything, expert swordswoman

-=-Tech guys: (people who rely on advanced technology)
Angle Man, device that can manipulate space
Devil Ray(more commonly known as Black Manta), aquatic super suit, nautical weapons
Dr. Cyber, super suit, ray guns
Dummy, a variety of advanced weapons
Fastball, themed weapons
Grodd, gorilla, super genius
Javelin, themed weapons
Lex Luthor, evil genius par excellance
Merlyn, master marksman, trick arrows
Mirror Master, mirror gun can act as a portal, or a variety of other effects such as creating illusions
The Monocle, monocle shaped gadgets
The Puppeteer, mind control ray, puppet themed robots
Sonar, sound themed weapons
The Thinker, gets psychic powers from hat
Toyman, toy themed weapons

-=-Ranged attackers: (people with powerful ranged abilities)
Atomic Skull, enhanced strength, radiation blasts
Dr. Destiny, telepathic powers, specializes in giving people nightmares they can't wake up from
Dr. Polaris, magnetic powers
Dr. Spectro, emotional manipulation
Evil Star, flight, energy blasts
Gentleman Ghost, flight, intangibility, energy blasts
Heatwave, fire proof suit, heat-based weapons
The Key, key themed weapons
Killer Frost, ice powers
Lady Lunar, flight, energy blasts
Livewire, electric blasts and manipulation, flight, can transform into living electricity, can also control electronics
Major Disaster, can create natural disasters ranging from severe storms and floods to earthquakes and even meteor strikes
Neutron, energy body, energy blasts
Nightfall, flight, dark blasts, shadow manipulation
Psycho-Pirate, emotional manipulation
Queen Bee, insect like physiology gives her enhanced strength, toughness, flight, projectile stingers, and pheromone powers
Silver Banshee, mystically enhanced durability, mystical wail, flight
Sinestro, evil counterpart of Green Lantern
Star Sapphire, see Sinestro
Tala, human sorcerer of considerable power
Volcana, flight, pyrokinesis
Weather Wizard, uses a gadget to manipulate weather

Hehe... now THAT is a dangerous team of supervillains.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 40
01-17-2014, 02:55 PM
So who from Marvel could oppose such a powerful team of Supervillains?

Well since it was "X-Men (Current members) vs Legion of Doom (Justice League Unlimited)"... who is on the X-men right now?

If you look here, you'll see a list of 169 "members" but not all are currently on the team, and some were only loosely afiliated temporarily and some are dead.

Who is a loyal member and not dead?

-=-Bricks:
Armor (Hisako Ichiki); Psionic exoskeleton, can become giant
Bling! (Roxanne Washington); enhanced strenght and durability, able to fire crystal shards as projectiles
Broo; insectoid physiology, enhanced strength, speed, agility, wings. genius
Cannonball (Sam Guthrie); energy field and rocket propulsion based powers, immortal
Crosta; atlantean, can also generate shockwaves
Emma Frost; powerful telepath, can shift to an organic diamond form with enhanced strength, near indestructibility and an immunity to(and lack of) telepathy
Ernst; super strength
Evan Sabah Nur; as a clone of Apocalypse, he has weaker version of Apocalypse's powers
Frenzy (Joanna Cargill); enhanced strength, reflexes, agility, nearly indestructible, highly skilled combatant
Indra (Paras Gavaskar); energy exoskeleton with a variety of melee weapons
Jubilee (Jubilation Lee); vampire
Kid Gladiator (Kubark); near kryptonian
M (Monet St. Croix); near Kryptonian, but with telepathy isntead of energy projection powers
Mimic (Calvin Rankin); ability to duplicate the innate powers of people near him, but if the target is too powerful, attempting duplication could kill him
Namor; part-atlantean, but more powerful than a full atlantean
Random (Marshall Stone); metamorphic abilities, random adaptations
Shark-Girl (Iara Dos Santos); were-shark
Sunspot (Roberto DaCosta); near-kryptonian
Warpath (James Proudstar); Enhanced strength, durability, senses, speed, agility, reflexes, flight, Apache shaman, expert tracker and hunter

-=-Fighters:
Blindfold (Ruth Aldine); some telepathy, limited ability to see past and future events
Cypher (Doug Ramsey); omnilingual, enhanced ability to read body language, martial arts skills
Domino (Neena Thurman); enhanced reflexes and agility, probability manipulation
Gambit (Remy LeBeau); kinetic energy powers, master marksman and melee fighter.
Ink (Eric Gitter); various powers derived from his tattoos (technically not an innate ability, it's his tattoo artist who empowers the tattoos)
Lifeguard (Heather Cameron); adaptive mutation allows her to gain powers based on the abilities of her opponent
Longshot; probability manipulation, expert hand to hand fighter
Magik (Illyana Rasputina); magic powers, interdimensional portals, highly skilled in melee weapon use
Mercury (Cessily Kincaid); liquid metal form, can morph into almost any shape she imagines, is resistant to telepathic and magic attacks.
Primal (Teon Macik); enhanced strength etc... hyper instincts
Psylocke (Elizaabeth Braddock); telepathic/telekinetic ninja
Rogue; power absorbtion
Shadowcat (Katherine Pryde); intagibility related powers
Sprite (Jia Jing); enhanced strength and toughness, wings
Surge (Noriko Ashida); super speed, electricity manipulation
Wolverine (James Howlett); superhuman healing, adamantium bones and claws, enhanced physical attributes
X-23 (Laura Kinney); adamantium blades, superhuman healing abilities, enhanced physique

-=-Tech guys:
Beast (Hank McCoy); genius, feral mutation grants great strength, etc...
Dr. Nemesis (James Bradley); genius, cybernetic eyes, uses guns
Forge; intuitive understanding of technology, sorcery, self made cybernetics, combat veteran
Madison Jeffries; technology manipulation, technopathy

-=-Ranged attackers:
Ariel; creates portals, psionic ability to manipulate others
Blink (Clarice Ferguson); teleportation abilities
Cable (Nathan Summers); telepathy, telekinesis, cyborg, weilds a wide variety of melee and ranged weapons
Chamber (Jonothan Starsmore); psionic flames, telepathy
Cyclops (Scott Summers); eye beams
Dazzler (Alison Blaire); can absorb sound and discharge the absorbed energy as light, also... immortal, can't be harmed by light or sound.
Havok (Alex Summers); energy absorbtion and redirection, a LOT of energy!
Hellion (Julian Keller); telekinetic
Hope Summers; able to mimic powers of other mutants
Iceman (Robert Drake); ice based powers, elemental body
Kid Omega (Quinten Quire); genius with powerful telepathy and some telekinetic power
Magma (Amara Aquilla); heat/tectonic manipulation, skill at the use of melee weapons
Marvel Girl (Rachel Grey); telekinesis, telepathy, limited time manipulation
Match (Ben Hamill); flight, pyrokinesis
Meltdown (Tabitha Smith); creates explosive energy globes
Storm (Ororo Munroe); weather manipulation
Pixie (Megan Gwynn); winged flight, Hallucinogenic Dust, some magical abilities due to being half fairy
Polaris (Lorna Dane); magnetic powers, enhanced immune system

Soo... that's enough characters to do 1-on-1 matchups for the entire Legion of Doom. But can they win? Well, to determine that we need to look back at the Legion and identify ti's most pwoerful members. Quite a few of them are either Superman or Green Lantern villains and thus OP compared to most Marvel heros.

First up Sinestro and Star Sapphire, both Green Lantern villains with abilities approximately identical to his. Then there's Evilstar who while not as versatile is powerful enough to match one of them.

Next we have a few guys and girls strong enough to get into a fist fight with Superman, Bizarro, Rampage, Giganta, and Shark(actually a Green Lantern villain). Giganta and Shark are both megamorphs too. Bizarro is unique in that he is actually a Kryptonian, and not just someone with similar powers. Rampage... think Hulk... but female.

Others who could count as heavy hitters:
Doctor Destiny; this guy can use his powers on multiple people at once, it takes a very powerful telepath to block him
Lex Luthor; why? It's Lex Luthor....
Parasite; he's in many ways very similar to Rogue, but evil
Mirror Master; he can use his gadgets to banish people to a strange mirror-themed pocket dimension
Livewire; superfast, can hurl electric blasts strong enough to hurt Superman, essentially invulnerable(but not indestructible)
Major Disaster; this guy can summon a hurricane or a volcano or maybe if he's feeling really mean a meteor

Um yeah... the Xmen might be screwed.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.